Website Care Nepal
Human Resource Officer
Responsibility Level/Grade : Officer / Grade 4
Department/Project/PN : CO
Work station : Kathmandu
Incumbent’s Name : VACANT
Supervisor/Principal Evaluator/Title : Human Resources Manager
The HR Officer is responsible for implementing and monitoring the various HR functions to promote CARE Nepal’s efforts in creating a conducive working environment for all staff. S/he performs and supports a variety of HR duties including recruitment, employee contract administration, performance management, staff capacity development, annual evaluation systems, staff database updates, benefits survey, insurance and PAR management, coordination for payroll input etc. The HRO must see that all official and personnel documents entrusted to him/her are kept under strict confidence. S/he upholds and advises employees on CARE Core values.
The employee shall fully comply with safety and security procedure of CARE and should be accountable for it.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
R1. Recruitment and Induction
- Manage the CARE Nepal Online Application System and Emails associated with it.
- Create a long list of all applications as per the criteria specified in the job description and social inclusion initiatives.
- Coordinate, conduct and process written test and interviews with candidates and the panel members and attend interviews as required.
- Maintain recruitment filing/recording.
- Prepare contract letter, have it signed by the concerned authority and deliver to the candidate along with the JD.
- Prepare staff vender setup form and dispatch to respective department for approval.
- Ensure staff information on the HRIS is available and maintain personal filing of newly appointed staff.
- Prepare induction schedule of newly appointed staff and coordinate with concerned department heads as necessary.
- Support in capacity building initiatives for staff including induction and orientation on GED, PSHEA policies.
R2. Staff Correspondence Management
- Monitor and expedite follow up on personnel action to be taken (probation, contract extension, year-end APAA letters, resignation acceptance etc.)
- As per the recommendation, prepare letters accordingly and dispatch after it is signed by the concerned authority.
- Manage the quit claim process together with handover and exit interview form filling process.
- Coordinate and correspond for new and updated ID cards for staff.
- Coordinate and correspond for Staff Mementos during farewell and Long Service Recognition.
R3. Administration of Insurance
- Manage travel insurance for staff while on travel.
- Manage and monitor Medical Insurance through processing of medical claims on a timely manner.
- Support to process staff insurance under Group Personal Accident Insurance and Annual Medical Screenings of Staff.
- Ensure all insurances are renewed on time.
R4. Database Management
- Maintain updated staff details on HRIS and personal hard copies for national and international staff.
- Provide relevant reports to concerned departments and ARMU as and when required
- Maintain leave data for all staff and calculate the same during exit. Act as the focal person to maintain up to date leave balance record of staff
- Ensure all documents are updated in Staff Personal Files including academic certificates, citizenship copies, job descriptions, Bridger checks and all other required documents.
R5. Performance Management
- Follow up and collect all completed APAAs.
- Prepare a check list for staff Personal Development Goals.
- Prepare CO APAA rating list for SMT review.
- Issue and dispatch staff individual letter after APAA process is completed / place the hardcopy in personnel file.
R6. PAR and Audit Management
- Ensure appropriate delegation and monitoring of PAR Management
- Coordinate for the timely submission of PARs / timesheets from all staff.
- Act as focal person for any audit related queries on staff records.
R7. Policy Reviews
- Participate in policy reviews of the organization and in Organizational Surveys.
- Conduct HR policy survey within the AIN HR network and likeminded organization for policy revision and formulation as required.
- Provide information to other like minded agencies on salary survey initiatives as and when needed.
R8. Payroll Input
- Produces a monthly payroll listing through staff transactions and coordinate the same with the Finance Department.
- Process leave and reconcile the same with payroll.
- Process relocation allowances, promotions, secondments, exit clearance, authorized halt of salary etc.
R9. Country Office Internship / Trainee Programs
- Coordinate and facilitate the planning and placement of potential trainee opportunities as per the requirement of the organization.
- Maintain liaison with various Universities and Dalit Federations for Internship opportunities.
- Support in performance monitoring and capacity development of interns / trainees.
- Coordinate with intern’s / trainee’s supervisors to ensure constructive performance assessments are undertaken.
- Supervise HR Trainee and support in his/her career development
R10. Upholding CARE’s Core values and ensuring its principles
- Comply and exercise organizational values and culture
- Help to promote rights and good governance
- Responsible for gender responsive behavior in all actions and decisions
Spending authority: None
Based in Central Office with occasional field visit
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & KEY COMPETENCIES P
referred Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or a related field
- 3 years of relevant experience in a similar field
- Prior experience in human resource management in development organization is desirable
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiar with INGOs personnel policies and procedures.
- Knowledge about insurance companies and their policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of benefit packages prevalent in INGOs.
- Tactfulness and an excellent ability to deal with people.
- Good communication skills in oral and written English and Nepali.
- Good IT skills with strong hold on MS Office and experience working with HRIS system.
- High ethical standards, integrity and objectivity with a positive attitude.
- Familiar with and skilled in office filing system and payroll changes.
- Communicating and sharing ideas and information – Able to present information and express opinions confidently to internal and external audiences
- Interpersonal sensitivity – Able to communicate with sensitivity and foster communication, actively listening to others
- Customer Focus – Able to provide service excellence to internal and external customers, stakeholders and partners
- Team work – Able to work effectively with other people within a work group
- Planning and organizing – Able to define work goals and objectives; develop and execute work plans; and contribute to the achievement of work group objectives
- Embracing and Valuing Diversity – Able to contribute effectively to a culture that positively values the diversity of people, values and ideas within CARE Nepal