Head of Finance
Department: CO Nepal
Contact person: Anjula PradhanHead of HR
Vacancy is: National
Place of work: Kathmandu
DCA Nepal is looking for experienced and motivated candidate for the position of Head of Finance (HoF) to be a part of dedicated and innovative Team. This is a senior position, and you will be a member of senior management team. You will report directly to the Country Director.
You will lead the finance, procurement, logistic and admin team. You will be responsibility for the office’s financial management including procurement, administrative and logistics management of programmes, projects and office running costs, in close cooperation with other staff as relevant, as well as providing technical and managerial support to the partners, monitoring progress of the programme portfolio, liaising with concerned government and civil society networks, audits management, documentation and reporting.
DanChurchAid is an independent and humanitarian Danish organisation with a vision of a world without hunger, poverty and oppression, in which popular and political powers constantly work strongly and actively for a just and sustainable distribution and use of the earth’s resources.
We have been supporting development work in Nepal since the 1980s. Currently we focus on the following themes to improve the life of the most marginalised communities in some of the most remote and vulnerable regions of Nepal, applying a rights-based approach:
- Save Lives (Focusing on Disaster Preparedness and Humanitarian Response)
- Build Resilient Communities (Focusing on Resilient Livelihoods and Sustainable Food Security)
- Fight Extreme Inequality (Focusing on Governance, Human Rights and Empowerment)
According to the new Country Programme Strategy (2022-2026) of Nepal Office, we are committed to two cross-commitments: (i) Gender Equality and (ii) Climate Action.
Your key responsibility includes:
- In cooperation with the Senior Management Team (SMT) you will ensure that funds entrusted to the Nepal Country Office are handled in a transparent, efficient and effective manner, as well as for strategic financial management and oversight of the Nepal programme.
- You will lead and manage the team of finance, procurement, logistics and admin and will be responsible for overall office’s financial management including procurement, logistics and admin of programmes, projects and office running costs.
- You will advise on partner organizations’ Financial Management capacity, internal control systems and their suitability for potential partnership, budgeting, reporting and legal compliances.
- You will ensure DCA audit cycle is respected, various audit report is submitted as per the timeline and audit recommendations are timely addressed and implemented.
- You will contribute to defining strategic direction through inputs to the Annual Goals and Plan and overall strategies, with specific emphasis on diversification and increase of funding.
- Ensure timely development of budgets and financial aspects of project reporting and will be responsible for meeting internal as well as external deadlines in relation to finance. You are also overall responsible for administration and office management.
What you bring:
- A relevant Master’s Degree in Financial Management or related field
- At least 10 years of relevant experience, at least 3 of which must have been in an INGO or international organization in a similar role
- Proven experience of capacity building, and learning and development plans of both own staff and partner organizations
- In-depth knowledge of contractual and compliance requirements from bilateral and multilateral donors, in particular the EU, UK and US governments, the UN, Private Foundation and Trust Funds.
- Proven experience of procurement and supply chain, including ensuring compliance, internal controls, and anti-corruption
- Strong communications skills. Proficiency in written and spoken English and Nepali
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills having strong networking
- IT skills at an advanced user level including the Microsoft Office suite is an additional advantage
- Role model for diversity, inclusion and belongingness as well as contributing to team synergy
What DCA offer:
- A one-year contract with possibility of extension depending upon the funding scenario
- Learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of communities DCA is working with in Nepal
Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Applications consisting of the below will only be considered:
- Motivational Letter (max 1 page)
- CV (max 3 pages), and
- Answers provided to the online-application questions
Please click on APPLY button at the end of this vacancy announcement to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for application will be Monday, 5 February 2024. Only short-listed candidates will be further contacted.
Work related travels are expected in this position.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Code of Conduct, Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.