Website Handicap International
Handicap International Federation (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Present in Nepal since 2000, HI works through a network of local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency response to improve the living conditions and involvement of the most vulnerable populations in Nepal.
Handicap International Federation (HI) Nepal invites applications from qualified candidates for the following job position:
Position: Inclusive Education Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Terms & Conditions: 1-year contract, based in Banke District
- Liaise with Education Development and Coordination Unit at District and Local Education Unit at Municipality level of Banke and Dang Districts.
- Support the partner in planning the project activities and ensure the implementation of the project activities in the district level in close coordination with district partners.
- Coordinate with working municipalities, schools, DPOs and other key stakeholders for the smooth implementation of the project
- Carry out regular field monitoring visits with aim for improving performance, activities tracking, quality achievement, and sustainability of the project
- Liaise with centre level HI project team concerning project planning, budgeting, and implementation
- Initiate/facilitate exchanges and linkages across the different initiatives taking place in districts in terms of Inclusive Education and children with disabilities.
- Ensure coordination with “Student Technical Coordination Committee” in all municipalities of Banke and Dang Districts.
Qualification and Skills Required:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Education or relevant field
- At least 3 years of working experience in Education projects. Preferred experience in Disability Inclusion
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills and ability to work effectively in a team
- Maintain effective working relationship within a multi-cultural environment
- Strong training, coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Strong community mobilization skills
- Ability to work independently and under strict deadlines
Send a motivation letter mentioning the position applied for and expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact number and e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than, 21st April 2021. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Handicap International (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates applying for a job with HI must be ready to comply with our Child Protection Policy, and Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment.
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 10 April, 2021