Website Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) in a peace building programme of a local theatre
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you’ve come to the right place.
Assignment period: 05/01/2024 – 04/30/2026
Field: Peace, Security and Emergency
Type of employment: full-time
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a global programme for the prevention of violence and peacebuilding in crisis- and conflict-affected regions. In Nepal the project focuses since 2009 on dealing with the past and shaping a future free of violence. The CPS Partner Organisation Mandala Theatre Nepal was established in 2009 and created by a group of young, enthusiastic and dedicated theatre workers. The group was formed after long training and involvement in theatre and has built its own hall where they conduct regular performances. Mandala is focusing on the development of artistic expression in Nepal and has at the same time been engaged in peace activism like conducting Playback and Forum Theatre plays on social issues like gender violence, discrimination, corruption and others. Mandala Theatre Nepal works and trains theatre students as well as community theatre groups in socially and gender inclusive approaches. The joint cooperation aims to strengthen Mandala Theatre’s capacity to conduct Forum Theatre, Playback Theatre work and introduce new methods for using theatre for peace building and conflict transformation.
- Strengthen Mandala Theatre’s capacities to use creative theatre approaches in communities for peace building and conflict transformation as well as in theatre writing and directing for plays
- Train Mandala members, students and community theatre groups in different theatre methods for conflict transformation
- Support Mandala in developing/strengthening their own theatre curriculum focusing on social transformation
- Support in Art Management, advise on sources of funding and assist in grant applications
- Support to establish a network with other national and international organizations related to theatre work
- Master’s degree in social science or conflict/peace studies or bachelor’s degree in theatre studies or equivalent
- Advanced degree in theatre arts would be an added advantage
- Many years of experience in theatre work; work experience in theatre academia would be an added advantage
- Sound knowledge of theatre design, technology, and production
- Experience in facilitating and implementing gender mainstreaming and diversity management in theatre
- In-depth understanding of different aspects of theatre and arts sector including art management, trauma sensitive work, methods of conflict transformation and peacebuilding among other topics
- Strong network of theatre work practitioners
- Able to identify problems and provide creative solutions
- Ability to adapt to a very dynamic work environment, very good self-organization and communication skills
- Fluent in English knowledge of German is an asset
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Nepal.
The security situation requires heightened vigilance. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The working environment is subject to special restrictions on the freedom of movement. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. Please note that the general and personal living conditions in the country of assignment may meet with different legal and social acceptance. We gladly support you with our many years of experience.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
At the site of operation, the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ’s Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment – please contact us at: email@example.com
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment – in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
The basis for service as a development worker is the Development Workers Act (EhfG) and a comprehensive package of benefits based on it. This includes, among other things, targeted professional and personal preparation. We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative, globally active development institution. Your competencies are in demand in an interdisciplinary team on site.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued – regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, social background, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Application deadline: 02/07/2024