Website Mott MacDonald
Gender Equity & Social Inclusion/LNOB Officer
Surket, Nepal (frequent visit to project municipalities)
The GESI/LNOB (Gender Equity & Social Inclusion/ Leave no One Behind) Officer will have a strong GESI/LNOB experience and convincing communications skills as well. In addition to driving the GESI strategy and outcomes forward, he/she can assist in collecting and editing stories, analyse data, and convert those in communication products.
Her/his responsibilities will be to:
Supporting and guiding GESI/LNOB mainstreaming in NCCSP2
- Orient the technical staff of NCCSP2 on GESI mainstreaming and promoting Transformative Change
- Track progress against the Strategy and update as required but not less than annually
- Proactively identify ways and entry points through which NCCSP2 Outputs can strengthen their programming to maximise GESI-responsiveness
- Capacity building and coaching with project staffs and implementing partners as required on gender mainstreaming
- Keep abreast of emerging research, issues and information on Transformation change of and GESI and share effectively
- Use and interpret GESI-related programme data and write analysis
- Prepare a ‘GESI situation and trend analyses of implementation areas
- Capturing the biggest picture of GESI in regular reporting
- Able to work and analyse the GESI framework for mainstreaming the GESI in every aspect of NCCSP2
- Prepare and disseminate documents on transformative change outcomes
- Regular field visits and ongoing communication to support implementation, capacity building and monitoring
- Identify opportunities for deepening GESI outcomes, particularly in relation to local government and communities (e.g., User Committee membership).
- Analyse LNOB status and prepare strategy during local planning process including LAPA process.
- Identify areas of collaboration with local government to support women’s political, social, and economic transformation change, and support Cluster Climate Coordinators in integrating this in LAPA plans
- Developing innovative approach for GESI mainstreaming and implementation with clusters team
- Facilitate to organize, celebrate various GESI relevant activities and days.
Key organisational relationships
The position holder will work closely with Team Leader, Output Area Leads, Regional Climate Coordinator and Cluster Climate Coordinators, as appropriate, and support the identification of communication objectives for specific activities and audiences, and in the preparation of necessary communication resources.
- Mid-level GESI technical expertise and relevant academic qualifications
- Experience of managing GESI / Transformative change projects/project components with multiple simultaneous activities
- Experience providing strategic guidance and direction on gender/GESI-responsive programming; being able to show evidence of the impact of that guidance/direction is a plus
- Demonstrable working knowledge of women’s empowerment strategies in the public and private sector, social norms/attitude change and enhancing women’s political voice and participation is a considerable advantage
- Experience with field work/visits in various areas of Nepal is an advantage
- Experience of training and capacity building in gender/GESI an advantage
- Experience of working on large-scale development partner funded activities, in particular UK aid, is an advantage
- The successful candidate will be able to work independently as well as in consultation and collaboration with NCCSP2 team members and technical advisory consultants.
- Excellent English speaking and writing.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in remote areas, and willing to travel throughout the project area in Nepal
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with an international and national team which is geographically dispersed
- Ability to manage a range of activities in different places involving different stakeholders, and implementers,
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working on UK aid-funded programs would be an asset.
- GESI knowledge with Climate Change Intervention will be the assets.
A Bachelor’s level degree in a related subject, with experience in GESI, preferably in Nepal A track record in producing communication products in the field of GESI and beyond. Strong practical expertise in social, political, and economic development, empowerment, and inclusion of marginalised and vulnerable people. Demonstrated understanding of the challenges of climate change resilience Good understanding working federal, provincial, local governments and national/international stakeholders Good understanding of ‘Leave no one behind’, as expressed in the Sustainable Development Goals.
Mott MacDonald is managing an UK aid funded programme
Nepal Climate Change Support Programme Phase 2 (NCCSP2)
NCCSP2 will operate in up to 42 Palikas focusing Karnali Provinces of Nepal. The aim of NCCSP2 is to:
- Support the poorest and most vulnerable communities and local enterprises in western Nepal to become more resilient to the impacts of climate change.
- Use participatory, evidence-based processes to identify long-term adaptation priorities; and integrate these into Government of Nepal planning and policy.
- Build the capacity of Government of Nepal to finance, design and deliver adaptation interventions.
- Improve coordination of community-based adaptation interventions and generate evidence that can improve the quality of future adaptation planning
The NCCSP2 GESI/LNOB strategy has made provision that GESI elements are measured and considered in each activity of the project. Women, poor and vulnerable people, and returnee migrants have been given equal opportunities in management and equal wages in physical works of schemes. GESI aspect has been duly embedded in the survey and design of LAPA schemes to ensure more inclusive participation.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
- We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
- Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
- A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
- Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Job Ref: 58237BR
Recruiter Contact: Shailesh Chougule
Region/State: All – Nepal
Sector: International development
Website Region: Asia Pacific
Website Sector: Environment, International development
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.