Website Garima Capital Limited
Functional Title: Senior Investment Associate
Corporate Position: Junior Officer
Required No: 1
Garima Capital Limited is a Merchant Banker, licensed by Securities Board of Nepal (SEBON) to render ‘Portfolio Management Services’ (PMS). It has also obtained Depositary Participant License from CDS & Clearing Ltd. to render DP Services. Company is on the verge of obtaining full-fledged Merchant Banking License including Mutual Fund Manager License. The Company is located at KamalPokhari Ward-01, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Our core team comprises of qualified finance professionals which shall enable us to provide prompt and thorough service to our valued clients. We encourage an open and collaborative working environment in which everyone has the opportunity to deliver her or his best. We foster professionalism, excellence, cooperation among our employees and high standards of business ethics.
We are searching for a senior investment associate to evaluate and research trends and opportunities for our clients. In this role, you will perform research, valuations, and appraisals of financial instruments, markets, and businesses and interact with other team members to deliver quality investment directives to our clients and business.
You should be well-versed in portfolio management, have a keen eye for detail, and be proactive in finding investment opportunities. Atop-notch senior investment associate performs well under pressure, possesses creative and analytical abilities, and can adapt their thinking to quickly evolving scenarios.
This position reports directly to the Portfolio Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a Senior Investment Associate includes:
- Conduct due diligence on companies and industries by researching, reading financial statements and market data.
- Analyze financial information relating to specific companies, e.g. company results, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements to determine how an organization is positioned to deliver for investors.
- Stay up to date with market developments, new investment products and all other areas that can affect the markets, e.g. movements in the economies of relevant countries.
- Analyze how the economic implications of factors such as natural disasters, and wars affect the performance of companies and funds.
- Monitor the financial news using specialist media sources.
- Monitor market trends and investment portfolios.
- Analyze or forecast the market (NEPSE) movement.
- Calculate risks and opportunities for potential and current clients.
- Recommend buy/sale for assigned clients and report to the Portfolio Manager.
- Analyze previous investment decisions and generate key takeaways.
- Conduct meetings with clients and management throughout the year.
- Produce complex financial models for integration into decision-making processes.
- Compile financial data into reports for other team members and stakeholders.
- Make recommendations to the portfolio manager, position your ideas and articulate to the portfolio manager about the risk or payoff for such recommendation.
- Report discrepancies and issues to senior team leaders.
- Continuous monitoring of the client’s portfolio to make sure client’s portfolio growth percentage is always above the benchmark followed/set by the Company.
- Provide constructive suggestions/feedbacks to the supervisor in order to attain the objective of maximization of client’s profitability in every favorable/unfavorable situation.
- Assist supervisor by collecting varieties of data, facts and other inputs in conducting research for the purpose of selection of appropriate stocks while constructing the portfolio of PMS clients.
- Adhere to Company’s PMS Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).Any other work assigned by senior officials.
Qualification and Experiences:
- MBA or equivalent. Degree with at least first division or CGPA of 3.30 or above on scale of 4.
- At least 2years of experience in the relevant field.
- Age not exceeding 40 years.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Strong analytical, Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Skills.
- Strong Fundamental and Technical analysis skill.
- Strong mathematical and numerical skills.
- Proficiency in data collection and analysis.
- Excellent research and writing abilities.
- Flexible to travel to meet clients as required.
- Ability to work for long stretched hours.
- A flair for statistics and data manipulation.
- Confident presentation abilities.
- Thorough understanding of financial analysis and investment strategy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Dealing capacity with different nature of client(s) .
- Ability to work under stress and rush circumstances.
- Leadership and teamwork.
- Strong Work Ethics and Positive attitude.
- Excellent capital market research and report writing skills.
- Sound Microsoft Office knowledge and skills.
Salary and Benefits:
As per Company’s Policy.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to send their formal application to email@example.com by 12th September, 2022 (27th Bhadra, 2079) before 17:00 hours.
Selected Candidates are required to attend interview. The company retains the right to reject one or all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever.