Website World Vision International Nepal
Finance Trainee_National Office
Job Location: Kusunti, KC Tower, Lalitpur, Nepal
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type: Local – Intern (Fixed Term) (Trainee)
The purpose of this position is to assist NO Finance in maintaining financial accounting by preparing vouchers, accounting reports and statement, checking suppliers’ invoices and employees claim, reconciling accounts, filing and documentations, e-TDS, processing petty cash payment and providing support in overall financial administration. The Trainee – Finance aims to learn and develop the practical skills on financial accounting, processes and procedures in WVIN’s context by working together with assigned teams/individuals as per assigned tasks and assisting to achieve WVIN’s goal.
- Prepare journal vouchers and hold in SunSystem as guided by Supervisor
- Petty cash payment and maintain up to date records and prepare petty cash voucher
- Prepare bank deposits and maintain up to date records and prepare receipt vouchers
- Assist in accounts reconciliation including cash and bank reconciliation on monthly basis
- Maintain a systematic filing system of key documents (in hard copy and soft copy) as per FFM manual.
- Assist to compile suppliers’ information including supplier’s names, addresses and bank details from the Supply Chain Management Unit.
- Collect authorized payment documents from Supply Chain Management and perform arithmetic and approval checking as per the WVIN standard procurement, financial and accounting procedures and forward to Finance Officer for payment.
- Review calculation and invoices of medical Claims of the WVIN staff as per the approved payment request from the P&C.
- Assist Finance Officer to record employee EER (Employee Expenses Report) in accordance with the WV FM Guidelines.
- Support in payment of CIT and EPF monthly to payroll team.
- Prepare tax deposit and verify TAX and VAT documents using e-TDS.
- Prepare e-TDS certificate and provide to suppliers as per needed.
Required Education, training, license, registration and certification
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in a Management Science or Business Administration
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of accounting theory and financial analysis required. Experience in financial reporting preferable.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office computer programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills, including across cultures
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability and commitment to listen to others
- Humility, respect, and care for others – especially the vulnerable
- Resourcefulness, adaptability, and flexibility
- Openness to and eagerness to learn
- Commitment to World Vision’s values.
- Ability to operate effectively and sensitively in the cultural context of Nepal
- Committed with World Vision Ethos, Vision Mission and Core Values.
Travel and/or Work Environment
- Develop strong understanding of local politics and how it affects development processes to enhance own management skills and knowledge of development and WVIN ministry in the WVIN context
- Be flexible, adaptable and Initiate for own learning and development in the WVIN context. Keep daily learning records and prepare monthly progress reports
- Prepare action plan based on the team plans together with supervisors and team members and act accordingly
- While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, WVI reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when necessary
- Committed to World Vision Ethos, Mission, Vision and Core values
** IF YOU ARE FORMER REGISTERED CHILDREN OF WVIN PLEASE MENTION THIS IN YOUR CV/ APPLICATION
“World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disability, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.”
“Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance to child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.”
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.