POSITION TITLE: Finance Manager
LOCATION: CEAPRED Office, Kathmandu
REPORTS TO: Senior Admin and Finance Manager
USAID Agricultural Inputs is a new five-year USAID-funded activity in Nepal. The aim of USAID Agricultural Inputs is to increase the availability, accessibility, and use of agricultural inputs and technology to improve Nepal’s agricultural productivity. The Activity is implemented by Winrock International in collaboration with five organizations: Center for Environmental and Agricultural Policy, Research, Extension and Development (CEAPRED), MarketShare Associates (MSA), Pathway Technology, Fertilizer Association Nepal (FAN), and Vikara Institute.
USAID Agricultural Inputs will enable lead firms, agrovets, input suppliers, local machinery service providers, and Government of Nepal (GON) change agents and farmers to increase productivity, input supply chain efficiency, market system competitiveness, and strengthen the enabling environment in a way that equitably addresses the needs of women, youth, and members of marginalized groups. USAID Agricultural Inputs will benefit 200,000 farmers in the USAID Feed the Future (FTF) zone of influence.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for overall management of finances, procurement, documentation & reporting pertaining to the USAID Agricultural Inputs Activity. S/he will work under direct supervisionvof Sr. Admin/Finance Manager at CEAPRED and in consultation with the Finance Director at the USAID Agricultural Inputs Activity office. S/he will manage the finances and procurement ensuring compliance with USAID, Winrock International, and CEAPRED Finance Administration and Procurement Rules, along with the relevant Nepalese laws and regulations.
- Lead account keeping and finance management tasks of the USAID Agricultural Inputs Activity at central and cluster levels as required by USAID an Winrock International.
- Oversee the financial operations of the Activity at field level and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting and the practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers, etc.
- Obtain approvals from the concerned authority and from the central CEAPRED office and donor on procurements and purchases for the Activity.
- Responsible for management of procured items, ensuring that the procurement policy is fully complied with by staff.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately.
- Provide orientation and training to the Activity finance staff on cost-effective management.
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to donor.
- Facilitate and provide finance related documents to auditors.
- Maintain record and supervise the Activity inventory, management system and control procedures.
- Conduct field travel to the district Activity offices as necessary to review administrative management and financial procedures.
- Participate in contract-related meetings with Activity partners and other relevant stakeholders as per need.
- Act as the nodal point of the Activity for the tasks related to financial management.
- Perform other tasks as decided by Activity and CEAPRED management.
- Ensure a safe and equitable workplace, create opportunities, and offer support for women and those from disadvantaged groups,
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor and/or Activity management team.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQURIEMENTS:
Education: Master’s degree in finance management, commerce, accounting or equivalent in related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting and finance management using standard software (e.g Tally).
- Experience managing finances of complex projects implemented by I/NGOs.
- Good writing ability, both in English and Nepali, and strong oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to travel in the field as per need.
- Ability to work under cross cultural environment.
- Strong team coordination, listening and consensus building skills. Language
- Fluency in Nepali and English is required.
The eligible and interested candidates are requested to submit their application ‘Online’ in CEAPRED’S website www.ceapred.org.np (career page). Application submitted online only will be considered for further processes. Please refer the website for detailed JD/TOR of the position. The last date for posting the application is 5:00 PM on 22nd August, 2023. The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever
We seek to cultivate an environment where all candidates relish equal employment opportunities devoid of discrimination, misconduct, fraud, and abuse. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) and Localization guides our practices not just in hiring, but also in staff retention, growth, and policy implementation. This commitment signifies that we value diversity in all its forms including age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, and cultural background. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, recognizing the rich tapestry of the communities in which we live and work.
Disclaimer: This position is contingent upon donor’s approval.