Website The Leprosy Mission Nepal (TLMN)
Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and ensure that the overall financial transactions in the office are undertaken in accordance with TLMN policies and procedures and its accounting standards; especially ensure necessary supporting documents is maintained.
- Check payment requests against authorization, completeness, accuracy, coding, originality and compliance with TLMN, Donors, Government and other relevant requirements.
- Prepare and forward monthly financial reports including the bank reconciliation to Head Office.
- Ensure that petty cash procedures are strictly followed and well managed.
- Ensure there is adequate petty cash and advance money in the safe to ensure timely payments and advances to the personnel going to the field.
- Prepare and submit of financial reports to donors and the development of budgets.
- Timely payment of employees’ Provident Funds, Citizen Investment Trust/Provident Fund and taxes.
- Prepare the tax deduction list as per the government rules and deposit it in tax office every month ensuring no fail in deposit of withheld TDS within the allotted timeframe and provide the tax vouchers to concern person or suppliers.
- Initiate the process with Inland Revenue Office to obtain the staff individual Tax clearance Certificate.
- Ensure all payment documents/vouchers are properly filed, numbered and located safely with correct labelling.
- Regular follow up with vendors to ensure the vendors collect their payments on time and obtaining receipt acknowledgement after payments to suppliers and partners also on all the bank to bank transfers.
- Ensure any differences or discrepancies are brought to the attention of the Head of Finance, and proactively follow- up on appropriate action is taken
- Post entries to the accounting software timely ensuring correct Project and Donor codes as per the budget availability and TLMN Chart of Accounts.
- Follow and ensure that working and staff advances are settled timely.
- Check spending against effective use of resources that mainly apply best value for money principles.
- In coordination with human resources, process monthly payroll to personnel.
- Ensure timely checks and other payments to vendors.
- Identify potential accounting discrepancies and works with the Head of Finance to effectively research, track and resolve these issues.
- Provide input in the revision of TLMN policies, as required.
- Ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Assist in internal/external audits, follow up and implement the recommendations.
- Ensure the production of the financial reports and proper function of the project’s accounting system.
- Prepare accurate annual budgets for the project as per TLMN and donor timelines and budget categories.
- Ensure the accurate and timely submission of monthly/quarterly projection to TLMN Head office as well as the timely submission of all financial reports and billings including the financial report and accrual and tax reports to the donor as required contractually
- Track expenses against budget and ensure expenses are in line with project activities
- Ensure compliance of financial, procurement policies with the donor, TLMN, and Government of Nepali regulations.
- Any other job assigned by reporting manager.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or semi-qualified CA/ACCA with a bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience working in a similar position. Experience in Donor funded project is an advantage
- Experience in managing multiple programs and operations remotely
- Experience in institutionalizing financial policies and procedures and internal control systems
- Key skills: leadership, analytical and attention to detail, creative, interpersonal and team working
- Key behavior: professional, learning, positive thinking and hardworking
Application ends November 09, 2022