Website Aasaman Nepal
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion, and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 17 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
Aasaman Nepal is implementing USAID Education: Equity and Inclusion is a five-year project set to implement in Karnali and Madhesh Province with the objective of contributing to reduce barriers to access and retention in grade 6-10; improve quality education for marginalized children; and ensure quality implementation of disbursement linked indicators related to equity and inclusion activities under School Education Sector Plan (SESP). The project will be implemented in approximately 1800 schools spanning 215 LGs across 18 districts of Karnali and Madhesh Province.
Aasaman Nepal is looking for the self-motivated, result oriented and hard-working Nepali citizen for the following position:
Finance and Operation Coordinator – One (Janakpur Based)
This position will be responsible for providing overall Finance and Administration support to the organization and assigned project to ensure that all the financial, operational, and administrative functions are adhered to the required compliance of the organization, funding partner’s and governmental regulations. This position will have crucial role in maintaining financial transparency, ensuring smooth operations, and supporting the organizational and project’s mission from the provincial level.
- Orient all admin and finance staffs in financial recording and bookkeeping in Truebook software.
- Compile the financial information of all location and reporting to funding partner as and when needed.
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly review of vouchers and financial statements of all locations.
- Ensure all the payments are made following proper financial procedures.
- Ensure proper supporting documents for the expense and verify whether expenses are made within available budget.
- Reviewing of payroll prepared by finance officers.
- Timely issuance and settlement of employee advance.
- Review reconciliation statements in monthly basis.
- Storage of financial statements, vouchers etc.
- Support to other organizational finance staffs from provincial level.
Budgeting and Reporting
- Support the project team in preparation of monthly, annual and detail budget of each activity.
- Analysis of administrative cost preparation and it’s sharing to each project on fair share basis.
- Provide financial analysis to the finance manager, provincial director, and project manager.
- Preparation of donor financial report and share to finance manager for review and send the reviewed report to the funding partner on the agreed timeline.
- Orient non-financial employee on financial requirement of the project and organization.
- Preparation and analysis of fund/cash flow forecast and share the report to finance manager.
- Ensure each and all expenses are valid and meets minimum financial requirements (as per the compliance of organization & funding partner).
- Field monitoring from financial point of view.
- Report any potential fraud and misusage identified during project implementation to the line manager.
- Interlink the project finance with the overall organization financial management system and support other project staffs from provincial level.
- Implementation of suggestion and feedback provided by organization’s financial motoring visit, funding partners finance person, auditor and any other concerned party.
Compliance and Coordination
- Identify and mitigate financial risks of the organization.
- Ensure the compliance of organization and funding partner.
- Ensure internal control measures are in place and are followed appropriately.
- Assist in all type of audit (Internal, donor, external).
- Liaised with government agencies such as, Tax Office concerning annual audit report, tax clearance, DPAC etc.
- Facilitate training and development of finance and admin staffs of all location as well as support on the training and development of other staffs from provincial level.
- Coordination with internal and external stakeholders for the smooth functioning of project activities.
- Stay up to date with changes in financial regulations and adapt policies and procedures accordingly.
Operation and Administration
- Oversee day to day office administration work; verify staff attendance of all clusters including his/her base location, tally leave records, staff personal file management.
- Provide technical support to physical verification and procurement committee, as needed.
Child and adult safeguarding
- Manage the entire working environment in the office and working areas are child and adult sensitive.
- Guide the team and organization in managing protection related matters appropriately.
- Support the organization in complying with all child protection policies and other funding partners given policies, requirements and audits.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by line manager.
- Ensure necessary logistical support to ASN team, donors and visitors; this may include arranging accommodation, itinerates and travel arrangements while conducting field/district/province level activities.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
Education qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration, or related field with minimum 8 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration, or related field with minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Experience in managing a USAID funded project would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of international and national financial compliances, guidelines and policies.
- Attention to detail and learning attitude.
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic thinking and negotiating skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and relationship building skills.
- People management and team building skills.
- Experience in managing time and resource constraint.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English and Nepali complex and technical information to technical and general audiences; and Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoints etc.
Languages: Strong command of Nepali, English, Maithili, Bhojpuri (oral and written) and local language preferred/required.
Aasaman Nepal has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
- Locals, especially women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities from Madhesh Province are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further process.
- Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with updated CV in below link by 12/11/2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained. ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.
This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time considering the organization work. The post holder will be expected to demonstrate high level of efficient and effective working skills to perform the responsibilities.