Website World Vision International Nepal
External Engagement and Strategy Director
Job Location: Kusunti, KC Tower, Lalitpur, Nepal
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
The External Engagement and Strategy Director will oversee World Vision International Nepal’s Strategy and multi-pronged external engagement department, ensuring quality review, effective implementation, monitoring and reporting of WVI Nepal’s Country Strategy, in addition to the Communications, Advocacy and Campaign, Partnership and External Engagement Strategies and approaches to shape child-friendly policies formulation and implementation. Reporting to the National Director this role will contribute to the improvement of the well-being of the most vulnerable girls and boys and their families and communities in Nepal, through;
- Strengthening partnership and collaboration with key external stakeholders (Government of Nepal at all levels, donors/development partners, peer local and International NGOs, media, private sectors, community leaders, social enterprises etc) in order to promote the reputation and programs of WVI, leading to WVI Nepal being identified as a Partner of Choice.
- Ensure support to, and compliance of WVI Nepal partners, including oversight of MoU’s, organization assessments and capacity building plans and development of partner improvement plans where required.
- Effective management of WVI Nepal’s Country Strategy, working with internal departments, regional and global offices, and local partners to ensure effective implementation, reflection of achievement and reporting of impact.
- Scale up impacts of child-focused development, advocacy and humanitarian programs
- Strengthening WVI Nepal’s visibility both internally and externally
Lead and facilitate WVI Nepal’s External Engagement with Government, media, community leaders, and local NGOs/partners in collaboration with National Director and other SLT, including but not limited to;
- Provide leadership and thoughtful strategic advice on multi-pronged approaches of WVI Nepal’s External Engagement, Advocacy, Communications and Partnership’s strategy, ensure appropriate action plans for each area are designed and implemented
- Develop strategic approaches or partnerships with key implementing partners on advocacy and campaign related initiatives.
- Ensure quality external and internal communications in alignment with WV standards and guidelines and local laws.
- Cultivate and strengthen partnership relationships with all implementing and strategic partners of WVI Nepal, providing oversight and guidance on partner assessment, capacity building and compliance, in addition to positioning WVI Nepal as a Partner of Choice
- Cascade multi-pronged approaches into unit and individual members’ action plans, including expected results on quarterly basis
- Facilitate and maintain regular communications with relevant key Government officials, media (in coordination with Communication and Advocacy Managers), and NGO Federations sharing progress of WVI Nepal’s child-focused programs
- With support from Unit Managers (communications, advocacy and campaign, and partnership specialists), ensure regular visibility of WVI Nepal’s programs and key events across printed and online media at regional, federal, provincial and local level.
- Support advocacy influencing national policy revision/development, in order to achieve improved child-welling
- Facilitate with other SLT selected high level meetings and visits of Government officials or other partners to visit WVI Nepal Programs
Work closely with National Director and SLT lead the successful implementation, review and reporting of WVI Nepal’s Country Strategy and Annual Business plan, in line with WVI’s global partnership direction and global strategy. Key responsibilities in Strategy realization and management include but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with all GC Strategic Imperative mandates and processes to enable the organization to track its progress, capture learning and improve its performance towards achieving child well-being outlined in the national strategy Facilitate an annual strategy reflection with key WVI Nepal stakeholders, focusing on progress in implementing WVL’s national strategy.
- Facilitate annual business planning as the format of WV’s strategy implementation process and ensure quality reporting on progress and learning. Coordinate monitoring process with Senior MEAL Manager to ensure that progress towards annual business plan and CSIP objectives is kept on track. Work with senior leadership to prepare required reports on Strategy and ABP progress for submission to the Regional Office.
- Liaise with Regional office counterparts on all communication regarding the Nepal Country Strategy, ensuring compliance with GC Strategy related standards and initiatives.
- Co-lead with PDQ and FCS Directors in finalizing annual CSIP in Nepal, ensuring adequate funding of the strategy is planned
- Co-lead with Field Operations Director in nurturing close communications and partnership with WVI Nepal’s Strategic Support Team/SST, or SOs representative for successful CSFM Implementation in WVI Nepal
Leading Team and Facilitating Cross-Function collaboration with other departments and broader WV Partnership, including but not limited to:
- Provide directions, guidance, coaching and technical supports to Strategy and External Engagement team members, ensuring department accountability to deliver and measure the results
- Build cohesive team, lead by example the implementation of GROWTH organisational cultures and values
- Collaborate with other SLT members in ensuring integration of communications messaging, government and external engagement, advocacy and campaign (with technical programs in nutrition and livelihoods, education, protection)
- Facilitate, support, guide cross-function collaboration on strategy and external engagement
- Promote, engage and collaborate with WV Partnership’s Strategy, Communications and Advocacy/Campaign communities
Overseeing compliance and quality assurance meeting WV Partnership and Government’ relevant policies/guidance including
- Ensure compliance with local communication laws and partnership guidance/policy
- Ensure alignment of WVI Nepal’s Strategy, Communications, Partnership Guidelines and Advocacy/Campaign with broader WV Partnership
- Support high quality and well-prepared planning for key government engagement such as DPAC, CPAC, PA and GA
- Ensure compliance of Local partners with WVI Partnership Guidelines, support Partnership Specialist to follow up on reported issues and develop feasible improvement plans for partner NGOs
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and having more than 5 years in similar roles including leading and managing public affairs, communications, policy engagement, partnership management, advocacy and other high-level external engagement
- Demonstrated experience in organizational strategy development/review and reporting
- Strong negotiation and connector skills – ability to network, negotiate and connect with a range of political and non-political organizations
- Demonstrated experience in advocacy and/or campaign management and partnership management, including development and facilitation of peer organization capacity building plans
- Strong team player – must be able to form and lead a number of cross-functional working groups. Strategic thinker, having strong analytical skills and ability to strengthen compliance and quality of programs
- Passionate on promoting collaboration and partnership on children, women and issues of the disadvantaged members of communities Excellent planning and facilitation skills
- Fluent in Nepali with Fluent written and spoken English Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
Required Education, training, license, registration and certification
- Master’s degree in Communications, Law, Development studies/management, Political science, Social Work studies or other relevant subjects
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- External engagement processes and strategies
- Familiarity with thinking and working politically approaches Team or leadership experiences in Government, Local/International NGOs, Public Sectors
Travel and/or Work Environment
- 20 % (High level Government, media and donor’s visits)
- Travelling to field office and project sites remote locations
“World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disability, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.”
“Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance to child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.”
WVI Nepal reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.