Website World Vision International
Employment and Business Promotion Officer- RISE II
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The Employment and Business Promotion Officer is responsible for the overall management of the Raising Income through Small Enterprise and Employment (RISE) II project in compliance with donor’s terms & guidelines and World Vision’s finance and accounting policies along with Partner NGO. S/he is overall responsible for the delivery of commitments and reporting as per the compliances. S/he is also supposed to work very closely with the local government to generate additional resources to expand the impact of the projects and aligning the project plan into government’s plan and strategies. S/he will also work private sector (including employers) and other stakeholders for the sustainability of the project. S/he will compile reports from NGOs and will ensure the project reports are prepared as per the requirements along with other information required by World Vision and donor. As a focal person of the project, s/he Sector) will participate meetings in district and PALIKAs.
** This is a fixed term position starting September 2023 for 10 months based in Jumla( Implementing Partner’s Office) .Candidates with short notice period will be given preference.
- Support the RISEII project planning including financial, and operational planning, including the annual work planning process, budgeting, and development of an appropriate project exit strategy.
- Coordinate to establish project MEAL and learning is incorporated into programming and implementation.
- Draft implementation guidelines of the project activities, adhering WVI Nepal livelihood programme standard
- Timely accomplish all deliverables and regular reports (monthly, quarterly and annually), financial reports, and other reports and key documentation are developed as required.
- Carry out the field visit to ensure that the project is within the scope.
- Actively coordinate with PNGOs as well as WVI Nepal WFO team on project integration, beneficiaries selection and working group engagement scope
- Ensure referencing all the sustainability aspect of the project from the project start and are documented with its progress periodically
- Identify issues and operational bottlenecks timely in order to address collectively
- Monitor monthly actual expenditures and compare them with the implementation model, budget requirements, review the budget if needed.
- Initiate and coordinate in making dialogue with private sector to connect the RISEII project beneficiaries with the employer and business services
- Represent the RISEII project in district/local level meetings and workshops as required
- Support in developing strategic relationships and partnerships with different partners and stakeholders as per project strategy and explore new partnerships to maximize the impact of the project in the district
- Interact, build, and nurture effective working relationships with local government, Private sector, market networks, INGOs, in order to foster coordination, collaboration and partnership
- Support in establishing adequate referral linkage with the appropriate service providers for the project beneficiaries.
- Initiate and coordinate to facilitate advocacy to maximize project impact in coordination with national office departments.
- Have intact information of all project information on CBOs and financial institutions and service providers and local networks and foster collective action and collaboration
- In coordination with Field Livelihood lead, facilitate and ensure capacity building of project team (in implementing partners) to have enough capacity/necessary skills to deliver their roles and responsibilities.
- Equip RISE II staffs with project requirements and compliances.
- Orient NGO partner staffs on all components of the projects and key deliverables;
- Provide technical monitoring and oversight of partner organization during project implementation to help projects meet the minimum programme quality standards and align with project design in the district;
- During activity implementation, conduct periodic monitoring visits to assess whether activities are being done to the required standard.
- Development of annual detailed Implementation Plans and project budget revisions in coordination with field programme lead, and finance staff;
- Access, compile and share up-to-date information on business promotion and vocational skill development and ensure this is available to project team.
- Research and update rosters of appropriate employers and business service providers in the working areas and ensure this is available to the project team
- Establish and maintain contact with other private sectors(employers) and service providers and stakeholders with similar interest to research opportunities for improving project implementation
- Coordinate with MEALS to keep track of and regularly report on the performance and achievements of the project and draft regular progress reporting on implementation of project against the logframe indicators;
- Establish beneficiary profile of the project in coordination with WFO MEAL
- Provide monitoring reports to the NGO to highlight areas of strength and weakness in delivery. Based on these, develop plans for improvement.
- Conduct periodic monitoring of beneficiaries to assess the extent to which they are remembering and utilising inputs they have received; Provide monitoring reports to the NGO to highlight successes and concerns in beneficiary monitoring.
- Review monitoring data from RISEII project including progress of beneficiaries as per project objectives; work with field team to analyse and summarise the data/recommendations.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- 3 years of field experience in youth employment/business promotion or the equivalent in the headquarters of a major NGO (3-5 years preferred)
- Demonstrated experience and expertise preferably in an NGO context in working with community/grassroots people and organizations particularly with youths. Women entrepreneurs and cooperatives, specially focus market led economic development/ vocation skill promotion projects
- Required Education, training, license, registration and certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in agriculture/business studies/economics/social work or related field
- Training/ certification on youth empowerment/employment/ enterprise promotions programming/project models is preferred
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Knowledge on the latest development thinking on Livelihood programming, including youth employment, SIYB, LMA
- Team building, collaboration, facilitation and leadership skills
- Experience of working with vocational training providers
- Understanding of economic development/livelihood programming, including empowerment approaches involving community-led activities and advocacy
- Good understanding program cycle including project planning, design, monitoring, evaluation
- Demonstrated networking, private sector partnership and coordination ability
- Excellent problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Good English writing skills required to report capturing results, evidence, good practice and learning
Travel and/or Work Environment
- Field Based position
“World Vision is committed to achieving diversity, as the diversity of our teams is critical to our overall success. WV welcomes applications from qualified professionals all over Nepal. Women, people with disability, and members from other marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.”
“Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with WV as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury, and any other harm. One of the ways that WVI Nepal shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates, in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy. WVI Nepal has zero tolerance to child rights’ violations, by employees and/or affiliates.”
WVI Nepal reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.