Website Care Nepal
Functional Title: Driver-
Responsibility Level / Grade: Province Level Staff
Department/ Project: USAID ARH Project
Workstation: Province Office
Incumbent’s Name: To be determined
Principal Evaluator: Finance and Administration Officer
USAID Adolescent Reproductive Health (ARH) is an adolescent co-led initiative to empower girls and boys, 10-19 years including the most marginalized, to attain their adolescent reproductive health (ARH) rights. The goal of the program is to support adolescents to reach their full potential by; ensuring they receive correct and appropriate reproductive health (RH) information and guidance to decision-making skills, creating an environment conductive to making healthy reproductive health decisions and facilitating translation of these decisions into healthy behaviors.
Driver should be responsible for supporting day to day transportation of staffs, goods and other logistics related to province office of this project. S/he is responsible for proper maintenance of vehicles in a neat, clean and road worthy state at all times. In case of any defects in the vehicles and road accidents incumbent should immediately report to the supervisor. S/he should support supervisor in works related to USAID ARH project and should follow the directions of supervisor promptly.
The employee shall fully comply with CARE policies and procedure and should be accountable for it.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
R1. Deliver and receive the employees, guests and other personalities
- Deliver and/or receive staffs to and from airport, government and other offices as per need.
- Deliver and/or receive guests to and from airport, hotels and other places as per need.
- Deliver and/or receive employees participating in seminars and meetings to respective places and even to home as per need.
- During field visit of the project, deliver and/or receive employees and drive to any other places as per their need.
- Do not board unnecessary personals in the project’s vehicle except in emergency situations like disasters and accidents in which injured persons should be taken to the nearest health center as per need. Fill-up necessary forms in these situations.
R2. Transport documents and office supplies
- To deliver and/or receive supplies and equipment to and from airport.
- To deliver and/or receive regular letters and other documents in the relevant place as per need.
- To deliver and/or receive employees related to banks, tax, employee provident fund and citizen investment trust offices to respective places.
R3. Support in Administrative duties
- Urgently inform supervisor about information related to any incidents and security issues.
- Timely payment of taxes and renew of all blue books of office vehicles.
- To coordinate and support in transportation management of the office.
- To report supervisor about petroleum level in generator and its performance.
- Regular fill-up of incumbent’s PAR, overtime sheet and vehicles’ log book.
R4. Support supervisor for timely inspection and maintenance of vehicles
- Inspect oil level, water level and air pressure of tires of the vehicles and perform timely maintenance or make sure the maintenance is done.
- In case of any malfunctions in the vehicles report to the supervisor and help in maintenance.
- Keep Tools and First Aid Kit Box package in ready-to-use state. Recheck date and quantity of medicines inside the kit and report to supervisor if their replacement is needed.
- Timely servicing of the vehicles.
R5. Adherence to policy and rules
- Adherence to CARE Nepal’s Vehicle Policies and Guidelines.
- To work as per government rules and in case of accident, immediately report to the supervisor and submit detailed report to the concerned authority.
- Help to take necessary actions at the time of accident.
- Proper knowledge and adherence to safety policies.
R6. Support supervisor in office works as per need
- Coordinate with supervisor for proper operation and maintenance of office vehicles. While travelling to project area, compulsorily inform supervisor upon arrival at the destination.
- Driver has to provide additional services other than mentioned above. According to nature of the work, driver has to fulfill responsibilities at any given time and place as per need including outside of office hours and should provide necessary help in warehouse
management. These works will be adjusted in performance appraisal.
At Provincial Office and project’s field.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Should be able to read and write general English and Nepali. SLC level certificate is preferred.
- Should have updated driver’s license.
- Should have minimum experience of 2 years in driving.