Website Habitat for Humanity International Nepal
Position: Coordinator – Volunteering for Development (V4D)
No. of vacancies: 1 (One)
Date of Announcement: 12 October 2023
Duration: One Year and Extendable
Reports to: Sr. Manager – Resource Development & Communications
Field Visits: 40% travel (Domestic)
Core Function: The incumbent will work closely with the Resource Development (RD) and Communication Team at Habitat Nepal and will support the execution of Habitat’s overall youth enagement strategy and volunteer programs. Working closely with the RDComms unit, s/he will support operationalization of Habitat’s youth engagement strategy, implementation of volunteer programs, and provide technical support for designing project proposals related to youth engagement and volunteer mobilization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Youth Initiatives (60%)
- Develop and manage Habitat Nepal’s Youth Engagement strategy and work plan and align with the Asia Pacific regional framework and Habitat Nepal’s Country Strategic Plan.
- Coordinate with different departments and teams within Habitat Nepal to ensure that youth engagement strategy is adopted while designing and implementing different projects and programs.
- Work closely with Resource Development team and Program department for co-designing innovative and creative youth empowerment projects.
- Provide technical support to Program department, including field offices for high quality delivery of youth related/focused initiatives.
- Partner with youth-led organizations and groups to co-design creative campaigns and advocacy work on housing rights, land rights and other cross-thematic areas, including climate justice, DRR, WASH, Financial inclusion, Market systems, sustainable development, etc.
- Lead ‘Youth4Humanity’ initiative that focuses on creating safe platform for youth to have discussions and dialogues on the issues that matter to them.
- Establish strong networks with the Ministry of Youth and Sports, National Youth Council and other youth-led networks.
- Represent Habitat Nepal at different youth-led forums and platforms at local, provincial, national and international levels.
- Work closely with communications team for designing youth-friendly communications collaterals, media packages, and social media contents.
- Work with Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning team to develop monitoring plan of youth related projects and for tracking progress.
- Engage with local youth volunteers and connect them with international volunteers for adding values to Global Village program.
Global Village Program: International Volunteer Program (40%)
- Serve as the contact point for all sending countries in all pre-build and post-build aspects of GV program; including but not limited to logistics management, coordination with the construction programs team and GV team leader, communication with the community and family during the build.
- Ensures all Global Village collaterals, such as Country Profiles, Village profiles, R&R options, family partner profiles and reports are relevant and shared efficiently.
- Manages Volunteer Engagement-International Teams Calendar and coordinates with the area office for approval and cancellation of slots.
- Develops reporting templates for the national organization, the area office and partners.
- Coordinate effectively with other departments to ensure a well-planned, seamless and enjoyable experience for the volunteer.
- Builds capacities of new host coordinators and provides continuing training and mentoring on good practices in hosting teams. Assume hosting coordination role to Global Village teams, where necessary.
- Produce resources for GV Accreditation.
- Ensure reconciliation reports of GV and analysis data.
- Support Department Head to make plan/strategic for Special/Mini/Big Build.
- Support the Communications Department with collecting stories and taking photos for publications or other Habitat for Humanity communications collateral as requested.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
In accordance with its foundational mission principles, Habitat for Humanity International is committed to the highest ethical standards and opposes all forms of discrimination, exploitation, and abuse. We intend to create and maintain a work and living environment that is safe, productive, and respectful for our colleagues and for all we serve.
We require that all staff take seriously their ethical responsibilities to Safeguarding (Child Protection, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation Harassment and Abuse) our intended beneficiaries, their communities (especially children), and all those with whom we work. In line with the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse, all staff must pass a thorough background screening, police check and will be held accountable to upholding our policies around ethical behavior, including safeguarding and whistleblowing
Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
Education Qualification and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) with 5 years or more relevant experience in project implementation of youth led/volunteer programs.
- Direct experience of working in a non-profit organization and ideally, 2-3 years of experience working for a youth led organization.
- Demonstrated track record in working with youth led/youth focused organizations and relevant government bodies and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated planning, project management and facilitation skills.
- Volunteering background will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Competencies
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; innovative and creative thinker.
- Willingness and ability to work closely with other departments, institutions, and across cultures.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality results.
- Knowledge of national and international policies on youth.
- Knowledge of current trends around youth engagement both at national and international arena.
- Excellent research and analysis, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-driven.
Habitat for Humanity Nepal is an equal opportunity organization. Women, persons with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.
It can be applied through www.merojob.com/habitatnepal.
Application submission deadline is 30 October 2022.
Human Resources Department, Habitat for Humanity Nepal
We strive to keep our recruitment process consistent and fair. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified