Website Community Family Welfare Association
Position: Field Officer (5 Position)
Community Family Welfare Association (CFWA) was established in 1996 AD (BS 2053) in Nagarayan Municipality ward no 7, Deodiha, Dhanusha district Nepal. Initially, it was established as a community-based organization (CBO) with technical and managerial support of family planning Association of Nepal under its long-term sustainable plan to continue family planning services at the community level. Later on, it was registered at the district administrative office as non-government and non- profit-making organization in 27 June 1997 (13 Ashar 2053 BS) in Dhanusha district. Now, CFWA has two field offices in Mahottari and Dhanusha districts and dedicated to work in the sector of child poverty, child protection, social protection, education, gender and social inclusion, sexual & reproductive health, and adolescent development. Till now, it has been focusing its program in Province 2 aiming to reach out to the other parts of Nepal in near future.
CFWA has been implementing “PAHUNCH” Project under Child Sensitive Social Protection (CSSP) since 2017 with financial and technical support from Save the Children and in collaboration with local units. The overall objective of the CSSP initiative is to improve access of poor and marginalized households and their children to government social protection programs and to sensitize parents and other caregivers to improve the care and the investment on children. Thus, since 2022, second phase of the “PAHUNCH” Project is being implemented at Bhangaha, Aurahi and Loharpatti Municipality, Mahottari. For the extended phase, CWFA is looking to hire motivated individuals with high-quality work performance and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building willingness, and strong networking and interpersonal skills.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Rural Development (RD), Education or any relevant subject.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in the relevant sector.
- Ability to organize and facilitate relevant training/ orientation of relevant sectors.
- Ability to develop, execute, monitor and evaluate the annual plan.
- Having minimum 2 years’ of experience in community mobilization is preferred.
- Ability to prepare reports in both English and Nepali languages.
- Aware and familiar with local language.
- Computer knowledge (word, excel, power point,), and strong in email internet.
- Willing to spend 90% time in fieldwork and work with children.
- Having valid driving license along with personal bike/scooter.
- Ability to coordinate with local and district-level government structures for effective implementation of the planned activities.
- Willingness to stay in field i.e. Bhangaha, Aurahi and Loharpatti Municipalities, Mahottari.
- Ability to adjust to the team and play a supportive role.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Sound knowledge on Community Mobilization and budgeting.
- Good understanding of the Social Protection program of the Nepal Government.
- Sound knowledge of photography.
- Good understanding of OPMIS V2, Case Story, Baseline, and Endline Survey.
- Facilitator of ICDP or Child Sensitive Parenting Program.
- Language: Fluent in Nepali, Maithili Personal Competencies:
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and rural areas.
- Good written and oral command in English and Nepali.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Quick Learner.
- Committed and Highly Motivated.
- Capable to develop community relationships.
- Problem solving skill.
- Candidates between 18 years to 45 years with relevant experience are eligible to apply for the position.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
- Ensure obedience to CFWA’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, CFWA’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding-Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), Standards and Procedure. As well as immediate reporting and response of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
- Competent candidates from female, Dalit, Janajati, disadvantaged groups, and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with an updated CV as well as two references by 14th January 2022, via email at email@example.com or http://cfwa.org.np/career/
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone inquiry is entertained. CFWA reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.