Organization: Volunteers Initiative Nepal (VIN)
We are a not-for-profit NGO based in Kathmandu, working in rural communities of Nepal.
Our mission is to empower marginalized communities through equitable, inclusive and holistic development programs. There are four pillars in our developmental approach: Education, Health & Environment, Economy and Basic infrastructure development. These four pillars of development are supported by six major community empowerment programs namely Women’s Empowerment, Children’s Development, Youth Empowerment, Public Health & Medical, Environment Conservation and Disaster Risk Reduction. All VIN’s developmental and humanitarian programs are aligned with UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Position: Community Empowerment Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Responsible to: Program Manager
Salary: NRPs 30,000 to 40,000 dependent upon qualification and experience
Length of contract: 2 years with possible extension
Purpose of the role:
To oversee, plan and manage all activities delivered through the NaraTika Community Learning Centre. This includes the development and implementation of programs for children, youth, women, environment conservation, public health, and medical care as well as disaster relief and management.
This post is also responsible for the management of staff and volunteers.
• Facilitate project activities through the NaraTika Community Learning Center in Okhaldhunga for children, youth, women, environment conservation, public health, and medical care as well as disaster relief and management.
• Lead, manage and coordinate VIN’s projects in the Okhaldhunga district
• Responsible to manage the Okhaldhunga branch office, its staff, and volunteers
• Support current staff to ensure successful delivery of projects
• Develop a district network of partners and stakeholders
• Responsible for the finance management of the district programs
• Responsible to and line managed by the Program Manager in Head office in Kathmandu
• Perform other tasks assigned by Project Manager and ED
• Contribution to planning, designing, and budgeting of all programs delivered by VIN in Okhaldhunga
• Establish a district network and communicate VIN’s programs with major stakeholders, Community Based Organisations, I/NGOs and Government Organisations
• Develop a strategic plan with the Program Manager and work plans for staff members. This includes the contributing to annual and monthly plans, short term and long term plans to implement the projects. The post holder is also responsible for timely report from all staff
• Prepare reports for externally funded projects
• Develop financial proposals, cost breakdown, quotations, voucher and receipt
• Responsible to approve the financial statements from head office at least a week prior to procure
• Communicate program results and achievements to head office in regular basis
• Contribute in developing project manuals and templates
• Supervise Campaigns, trainings and meetings at Schools and Communities
• Manage and conduct social events for stakeholders, staff and volunteers
• Recruit, develop and support international and local volunteers as well as interns
• Manage the Okhaldhunga branch office
• Work in a team, remotely and locally
• Follow all processes and procedures of VIN
• Manage records and verifying receipts of the project activities
• Hold a regular meeting with staffs and forward meeting minutes to head office
• Responsible to manage lodge and food for visitors
• Willingness to develop urgent plan for volunteers and visitors
• To implement approved projects in OKD
• To mange approved budget from head office
• To recruit and manage local staffs and volunteers
Skills and Experience required:
• Education level to Bachelor Degree plus two years experience in project management or a Master Degree with one year experience in a management position
• Experience in managing teams
• Experience in delivering projects or training programs
• Willingness to work in Okhaldhunga
Last date to apply: 18th June 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to mail their Letter of Motivation and CV mentioning the expected salary at email@example.com with the subject as ‘Community Empowerment Officer’.
Telephonic inquiries will not be entertained.