Website Climate Analytics
Consultant – Office Manager
About Climate Analytics Nepal Office
Climate Analytics is a non-profit climate science and policy institute, established in 2008. We are based in Berlin (Germany) with offices in New York, Lomé, Perth, Trinidad and Tobago, and Kathmandu and working in other locations all over the world. The institute’s mission is to synthesise and advance scientific knowledge in the area of climate change and on this basis provide support and capacity building to stakeholders.
Climate Analytics is a team of scientists and policy analysts with long experience in the international climate change arena. The team is backed by its own and co-developed science-based models to assess and synthesise climate science. By linking scientific and policy analysis, we provide state-of-the-art solutions to global and national climate change policy challenges. Through its unique position at the interface between science, policy and practice, and with its excellent international networks, Climate Analytics provides an exciting working environment with exceptional opportunities for the professional and personal development of each employee.
Among other countries, Climate Analytics is currently supporting the Government of Nepal with scientific and technical analysis as well as helping develop capacity through collaboration with national universities.
Climate Analytics (CA) welcomes qualified, eligible candidates to apply for an Office Manager position anticipated to hold up to 6 months full-time contract, and to be based in Kathmandu, Nepal under the supervision of the CA in-country team as well as the overall project lead.
As the Office Manager, you will support the ongoing work in Nepal, particularly as it pertains to Climate Analytics’ technical assistance to countries in the South Asian region, including Nepal. These works will require project development, management and monitoring, as well as logistical coordination with relevant stakeholders.
The key responsibilities include but may not be limited to the following activities listed below.
- Plan and manage projects workplan and overview of important milestones and deadlines
- Ensure projects and activities advance as they should by organising and coordinating project activities, including internal team communications
- Support facilitation / coordination of meetings with partners and stakeholders, including organisation of consultations and webinars as needed, the development of agendas, relevant materials, and taking minutes and dissemination of information
- Track project deliverables, evaluation of project risks and progress, and contribute to reporting processes
- Contribute to developing and writing funding proposals targeting different funding agencies
- Assist the team with basic research and tools development
- Contribute to budget coordination, monitoring and reporting
- Support management of project documentation, deliverables and knowledge systems
- Support copy-editing and formatting of documents / products as required
Role and responsibilities may expand, pending performance review and contract extension, to support South Asia Office.
You ideally have the following qualifications and skills:
- Sound experience in project development and management techniques; experience with project monitoring and evaluation
- University degree in social science, environmental science, environmental management or related fields
- Fluent English written and verbal skills
- Experience in budget controlling, eligibility rules and procedures
- Excellent command of MS-Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Command of citation managers such as Mendeley, Zotero
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Motivated, flexible and ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Work experience in climate- or environment-related field is a plus
- An exciting working environment in an international team, and opportunity to engage relevant, key regional and national stakeholders
- Insights in the international and regional project development and work
- Insights into regional scientific and technical assessments and capacity building processes
- Competitive wage
Starting date: As soon as possible
Terms: Currently we can offer a 6 months full-time contract. There is a prospect of extension subject to performance and funding and we are interested in long-term cooperation.
Please apply by sending your CV, cover letter and list of three references in PDF format exclusively using the application form and please indicate in your cover letter your earliest start date and your salary expectations. Applications by email or by post can unfortunately not be processed.
Please also indicate two potential preferred time-slots you may be available for an 1-hour interview on February 9th, 10th, or 11th. Candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted to schedule a virtual interview on these dates.
If you would like any further information or have any questions don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 30 January 2022