Website World Education
Chief of Party – Equity & Inclusion in Education
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Position Category: Direct hire, paid in US
Starting Date: 03/01/2022
Founded in 1951, World Education, Inc. (WEI) seeks to improve the lives of marginalized children, families, and communities in over 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and the United States through initiatives that link education to health, economic, social, and civic development. Our programs are implemented hand-in-hand with a network of more than 100 national and local community organizations, as well as host country governments.
World Education currently seeks candidates for a number of roles for an anticipated USAID project in Nepal, based in Kathmandu. The USAID Equity & Inclusion in Education project will support the Government of Nepal in reducing out of school children and improving learning outcomes for marginalized students. It will provide targeted support to municipalities to implement evidence based interventions that are driven by the local context in agreed upon provinces of either Province 2, Sudurpaschim, and/or Karnali. Areas of focus include: decreasing financial barriers to education, increase use of targeted non-formal education, increasing enrollment in early childhood education, increasing relevance of education; improving equitable teaching practices, and supporting schools to implement prioritized minimum enabling conditions. The anticipated duration is 5 years and anticipated budget is $10-$25 million.
This position is subject to project award, funding, and USAID approval. The USAID Equity & Inclusion in Education project is forecasted to start in June 2022, with the solicitation released in March 2022. We encourage candidates to apply early.
The Chief of Party (CoP) will provide overall leadership and management of the project. The CoP will be responsible for ensuring successful implementation of the project to meet program targets and deliverables within budget and in compliance with USAID rules and regulations. The CoP will serve as the primary point of contact with the donor and Government of Nepal representatives. The CoP will supervise staff and partners, including mentoring team members and strengthening partner capacity.
- Master’s degree in education policy, planning, teacher professional development, international development, social inclusion or related field. Education focus preferred. Ph.D. or Ed.D. welcome to apply.
- Demonstrated experience in relevant technical fields such as educational policy, inclusive education, planning, early childhood education, nonformal education, and teacher professional development required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs of similar scope and scale to this project, of which at least 5 years has been in management/leadership positions.
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of USAID programmatic requirements and compliance regulations. Previous experience as Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or senior management experience on USAID programs strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in education sector, preferably in similar development contexts as Nepal.
- Sufficient experience in program design, policy dialogue, strategic planning and implementation, education reform and national level quality improvement required.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of capacity development, professional development and systems strengthening.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, and ability to develop relations with local counterparts, donors, Government counterparts and other stakeholders. Proven ability to build and sustain partnerships to achieve results is preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English required. Proficiency in Nepali preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 01/31/2022.
No phone calls please.
Principals only please.
As a recipient of federal funds, World Education must adhere to Executive Order 14042 (Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors), which requires covered employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Covered employees are defined as US-based staff who are or will be physically present in a US office or telecommuters who currently reside in the US. Applicants requesting consideration for religious and/or medical exemption will be considered.
World Education is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.
Deadline Date: 01/31/2022