Company: Nepal Agribusiness Innovation Centre (NABIC)
Nepal Agribusiness Innovation Centre (NABIC) is the country’s first agri-focused business incubator and innovation platform. NABIC’s objective is to support and nurture start-ups and growth-oriented agri-entrepreneurs to reach their full potential. NABIC invites applications from qualified, motivated and dynamic candidates for an upcoming assignment which comprises a major Access to Finance component
Position: Banking and Finance Expert
Work station: Kathmandu; with some travel within the country
• Master’ Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Commerce, Business Studies, Finance, Economics, Agri-economics, Agribusiness, Public Administration or similar fields; Fully qualified CFA/ Chartered Accountants/ CIMA or ACCA also eligible
• Preferably around 5 years plus experience working in a Financial Institution, chartered accounting or consulting or business services/ advisory firm; relevant experience in Business Planning and loan application review, approval and disbursal processes. Exposure to and understanding of the Micro-finance sector would be useful, but not essential.
• Undertake assessment of Nepal’s commercial lending to the agriculture sector from Project perspective
• Formulate strategies and plans for integrating the Project’s Matching Grant (MG) scheme with commercial agriculture lending operations of financial institutions (FIs)
• Organise workshops for FIs at central and province levels to obtain support and buy-in for Project offer
• Continuously engage with FIs to forge collaborations – both at central, province and “palika’ (local government) levels
• Provide orientation and training to Project staff and stakeholders on agriculture loan products and features as well as on the loan application, approval and disbursement processes
• Support development of easy to use business planning templates to support the loan application process
• Contribute to Business Planning training courses for agri-entrepreneurs with focus on how to obtain, utilize and repay loans
• Work with colleagues to ensure that a sufficient number of high quality Business Plans and loan applications are prepared and submitted to FIs
• Ensure that Letter of Intent (LoIs) are obtained from FIs in a timely manner
• Work with entrepreneurs, FIs and colleagues to ensure timely loan disbursal once Matching Grants approvals are received
• Work with FIs and Project colleagues to ensure that loan and grant funds are properly utilized
• Advise colleagues on banking and finance related issues
• Coach and mentor agri-clients on banking and finance matters
• Work with project colleagues and FIs for timely servicing of loans
• Pursue opportunities for creating synergies with other related / relevant initiatives
• Support in collection of data and provide inputs for analysis and reporting
• Undertake any other relevant tasks as may be required by Management
Required Competencies and Attributes:
• Commercial orientation with ability to formulate and assess bankable Business Plans, with strong financial analysis skills
• Good coaching, mentoring and training skills
• Strong communicator with ability to influence diverse stakeholder groups
• Well-developed computing skills
Last date to apply: 10th July 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “BFE 2020” in subject line. Applications should consist of:
1. Email cover letter with expected monthly remuneration.
2. CV of not more than four pages with two professional references.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.