Website Hitachi Energy Ltd.
Associate Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Kathmandu, Generic, Nepal
Job type: Full-Time
Type of role: Entry Level (< 2 years of work experience)
- Meal allowance
- Medical insurance
- Flexible work practices
- Wellbeing program
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy is seeking an Associate Site Reliability Engineer for its Kathmandu, Nepal location. This role is responsible for ensuring that the underlying infrastructure is running smoothly, and that systems and tools are working as expected. They also monitor applications and services to minimize downtime and ensure their availability.
- Security and monitoring – Responsible for availability, performance, monitoring, and incident response of our cloud infrastructure and SAAS/Non-SAAS Application. Provide leadership in Cloud infrastructure support methodologies with security, privileged access management, RBAC (Role-Based Access Control) and policy guidelines. Perform cloud risk analysis and identify risks, impact, and risk mitigation plans. Work with developers to identify necessary Azure resources and automate their provisioning. Monitoring and troubleshooting of all the resources- System, Network & Applications. Provide system and application support including responding to monitoring alerts.
- System architect & implementation – Promoting automating process with standard tools and DevOps solutions. Define and develop High Availability Resources and SAAS application deployed in Cloud. Responsible for designing and monitoring automatic
- Backups of all our resources (Development, Testing and Production) on Azure. Work closely with key stakeholders to capture, analyze and derive cost-effective solutions to meet Reliable & High Available SAAS Solutions. Install required security patches and updates in System and Network Appliance.
- Backup & DR Implementation – Plan and maintain the schedule backups of all the resources. Check the consistency of the Backups. Plan and implement the DR site of the critical resources, for minimizing RTO & RPO.
- IT auditing – Responsible for auditing the process and tasks performed by the users to match our company standard protocol. Liaise with Security Audit teams and perform upgradation as suggested.
- Report – Prepare Monthly and OnDemand cost report of the cloud resources and services. Prepare the Monthly and on demand Backup and DR Status report. Prepare the DR Drill operation reports.
- Documentation – Document the Uptime of the resources and services. Document the procedure of troubleshooting issues.
- Document the changes on the resources and services.
- User/Client Support – Analyzing and supporting infrastructure in Azure. Provide system and application support including responding to monitoring alerts and assigned jobs and tickets.
- Minimum of bachelor’s in Computer Science or any other relevant field with hands on Experience. At least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Experience as Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) for Azure.
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux System, Network and Firewall devices.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure, management tools, and network integration.
- Hands-on experience with automation tools like Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience working in an agile development environment and project management.
- Hands on experience with Python, Bash, PowerShell scripting.
- Familiar with cloud Native tools for automating the process.
- Good knowledge of Azure containers and Kubernetes services.
- Experience of architecture, design and implement reliable, highly available and high scalable cloud infra for SAAS.
- Good knowledge of Relational Database (SQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience in design, implementation, and support of cloud migration and Day2 operations.
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
Reference Number: NP53867314_E1
To apply for this job please visit www.hitachienergy.com.