Organization: READ Nepal
Position: Area Coordinator
Read Information and Resource Center (READ Nepal) is a national, non-profit and non-governmental organization established in 2006. The primary focus of READ Nepal is promoting Community Libraries in rural Nepal for community development.
READ Nepal is looking for qualified, dynamic and enthusiastic Area Coordinator to implement projects “Tech Age Girls (TAG)” in Chitwan, Nawalpur, Nawalparasi, Rupandehi, Bardiya and Kailali districts through READ supported Community library and Resource Centers (CLRCs) in partnership with READ Global and IREX.
Required Position: Area Coordinator
Required no.: 2 (two)
Duty station: Cluster 1: Danda, Nawalpur and Cluster 2: Tikapur, Kailali
Program area: Cluster 1: 5 libraries of Chitwan, Nawalpur, Nawalparasi and Rupandehi districts
Cluster 2: 5 libraries of Bardiya and Kailali districts
Duration : 18 months (till December 2020)
Salary and benefits : As per organization policy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Development studies or any other relevant field with 1 year of experience in community development, social mobilization, Youth empowerment, project management and good knowledge on ICT Or
- Intermediate Degree with three years of experience in related field.
This position is field based in Cluster 1 and Cluster 2; with the main purpose to coordinate the field level activities on implementing Tech Age Girls project in Chitwan, Nawalpur, Nawalparasi, Rupandehi, Bardiya and Kailali districts through READ supported Community library and Resource Centers (CLRCs).
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare project activities plan and calendar; coordinate to implement various trainings, educational activities, interactions programs and events related to project in consultation and involvement of project staffs and community library management committee (LMC).
- Coordinate with LMC and project team for forming subcommittee, project orientation, local staff selection, participant’s selection, mentor selection, teacher selection in project implementing libraries.
- Support on conducting ToT to local project staff, mentors, and teachers of project coverage area.
- Ensure the government legal compliance as per the provision of Nepal Government.
- Ensure the quality of works implemented under this project
- Provide administrative and technical support to the LMCs
- Conduct project inception workshops and meetings with partners at community and district levels.
- Coordinate, establish and maintain good relation with Local Government bodies, relevant government line agencies, non-governmental agencies, CBOs and School/ College to make project successful and disseminate best practices.
- Liaison with Partner Organization to implement program through community libraries.
- Coordinate and assist to prepare and conduct district level sharing workshop, trainings, events, exposures and awareness campaigns as per the requirement of the project.
- Conduct oversight visits to each project site to monitor program activity and performance at least twice a month or more as needed.
- Ensure the effective use of the fund and maintain the transparency and accountability
- Assist on creating, collecting and compiling project related manuals, case studies, best practices and preparing periodic progress reports (monthly, quarterly, annual and final) and project evaluation reports as per the donor and READ Nepal requirement.
- Support and facilitate to organize project orientation, review meetings workshops, and donor visits.
- Work in close coordination with TAG field coordinators for timely implementation and accomplishment of designed activities.
- Support the team in monitoring and evaluation of project activities including financial and program performances to ensure program quality.
- Provide mentoring and oversight to program trainers and other responsible library staffs and supporting community library management committees/ subcommittees and other relevant partners for effective implementation of the project
- Perform other tasks as per the direction made by the line manager and the senior team.
- Experience in project implementation with excellent community mobilization skill
- Planning, monitoring and reporting skills
- Understanding of equality, diversity and gender inclusion issues
- Good in leadership skill and effective communication and coordination skill
- Ability to work independently and deal with local communities
- Training facilitation skill
- Good knowledge of computer with written and spoken English & Nepali