Website aQysta Nepal Pvt. Ltd
International (Agri) Market- expansion Officer – Nepal
Agriculture, Business Development
BASIC JOB INFORMATION
Job Category: (agri) Sales, Market linkage, Business Development
Job Level: Full time
No. of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Kathmandu, Nepal (with frequent visits out of valley on need basis)
Offered Salary: Competitive
Education Level: BA/ Master’s degree in Agriculture/Agronomy, MBA (agribusiness)
Experience: Hands-on experience in agricultural value chains development including export market with proven track record in entrepreneurship
TEAM AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The International (Agri) Market-expansion Officer is being recruited, in a full-time position, to be a part of aQysta Nepal’s team.
The International (Agri) Market-expansion Officer will work to expand aQysta’s Grown Farm Incubator in Nepal, lead the unlocking of new markets abroad (primarily Europe) and help expand the existing market for Nepali smallholder farmers.
Do you believe that innovation in the agricultural value chain is undoubtedly the critical approach to make farming profitable for smallholder farmers in Nepal? Would you like to play a role in revolutionizing agriculture to positively impact the smallholder farmers in Nepal?
Are you entrepreneurial, proactive, unafraid to share new ideas with diverse groups of stakeholders?
If the answers to the above questions are yes, then this could be the perfect position for you where you can apply your professional passion to lead in the job role of (Agri) Business Development Executive.
As such, the (Agri) Business Development Executive will be at the heart of aQysta’s mission of empowering smallholder farmers.
- Execute the GROWN farm incubator expansion plan by
- Identifying potential areas for expanding Farm Incubator.
- On-boarding farmers and farmer groups by conducting meetings with relevant stakeholders
- On-boarding market partners willing to buy harvest from farm incubator and sell in the national and international market
- Establishing agriculture value chain partnerships together with partners providing farming inputs, seeds, tools, fertilizers, training.
- Establishing partnerships with government and non-government organizations working with smallholder farmers
- Analyze and provide suggestions to improve the Grown Farm Incubator business model.
- Develop a strategy to market the concept of Grown Farm Incubator to relevant stakeholders.
- Completed BA/Masters in agri-business, agriculture, or agronomy
- Hands-on experience in agricultural value chains development including export market
- Excellent sales skills with a successful track record of sales and business development
- Profound knowledge of customers’ requirements in European Agri -related market
- Proven track record in entrepreneurship
- Must be fluent in English; good knowledge of additional European languages (e.g. Dutch,
- German) is highly preferred as the position requires developing market linkage with the European market
- Experience of working in an internal team/setup is a big plus
- Preferably have some experience in the area of sustainable farming, renewable energy technologies, water, and agriculture sector
- Ability to work independently (set and meet own targets)
- Willing to travel to rural areas within Nepal; possessing a valid driving license is a plus
- Organized and punctual (meet deadlines).; Team-player and proactive
WHAT WE OFFER & EXPECT
At aQysta, you are welcome to join a diverse international team of driven, ambitious, young professionals who proudly own the company’s purpose – ‘to enable smallholder farmers to sustain themselves and their families with just farming.’
aQysta provides an open-minded and safe working environment that encourages innovative thinking, ownership, and taking on responsibilities. aQysta provides ample room and tools for you to unleash your creativity and skills to excel in the work you do.
As a company, aQysta adopts the global best practices and believes in taking an active role in its employee’s growth, by providing them with challenges, freedom and support required such that they hone their skills, develop confidence and shine as stellar professionals.
Applications are accepted only via email.
To apply, please send your updated resume and cover letter at the email address.