Website Forum for Rural Welfare and Agricultural Reform for Development (FORWARD Nepal)
Forum for Rural Welfare and Agricultural Reform for Development (FORWARD Nepal), a national NGO founded in 1997, working in the field of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Security, Livestock and Fisheries, Sustainable Livelihoods, Natural Resource Management, Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Management is looking for some candidates for the following position. Applications are invited from interested Nepali citizens meeting the following criteria:
Position: Agriculture Extension Officer – 2-3
The incumbent will be based at the head office of FORWARD Nepal with frequent visits to project sites in the district.
- Under the overall guidance of Project Coordinator, the incumbent will be involved in day-to-day activities planning, implementation, field data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Collection, supervision, and dissemination of agricultural information and farming technology by the use of digital means.
- Administration and logistic support to the project team.
- Participate in the project relevant meetings at the local municipal and district as necessary.
- Undertake travel within Nepal as required in the pursuit of the above tasks.
Coordination and Communication
- Establish and ensure effective communication, working relationships and work closely with Agriculture Knowledge Centre (AKC), local government at municipalities, rural municipalities and wards for effective implementation.
- Ensure effective working relationships with all other relevant stakeholders in the project districts including local and national government, I/NGOs, UN agencies, and other local partners working in the project districts.
Project Monitoring and Reporting
- In coordination with PC develop appropriate systems to capture field data and ensure that lessons learned generated by the projects are gathered
- Submit monthly project activities report, event report, and periodic reports of the project to PC.
- Ensure the field level project expenditures are accurately documented; receipts are collected and reported to the Finance Officer through the PC.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture with two years of working experience, or Master’s Degree in Agriculture with one years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Familiar with donor reporting requirement.
- Demonstrable experience in cross-cultural work.
- Excellent in English and Nepali languages (reading, writing, and speaking).
- Salary and benefits will be as per the provision made in the project.
To apply, please send your latest CV and a cover letter via this link Click here latest by April 7, 2021.
Please visit FORWARD Nepal’s website: www.forwardnepal.org/announcements for further information.