POSITION TITLE: Agribusiness Area Coordinator (AC)
LOCATION: Designated district under USAID Agricultural Inputs Activity
REPORTS TO: Cluster Agribusiness Manager (CAM)
USAID Agricultural Inputs is a new five-year USAID-funded activity in Nepal. The aim of USAID Agricultural Inputs is to increase the availability, accessibility, and use of agricultural inputs and technology to improve Nepal’s agricultural productivity. The activity is implemented by Winrock International in collaboration with five organizations: Center for Environmental and Agricultural Policy, Research, Extension and Development (CEAPRED), MarketShare Associates (MSA), Pathway Technology, Fertilizer Association Nepal (FAN), and Vikara Institute.
USAID Agricultural Inputs will enable lead firms, agrovets, input suppliers, local machinery service providers, and Government of Nepal (GON) change agents and farmers to increase productivity, input supply chain efficiency, market system competitiveness, and strengthen the enabling environment in a way that equitably addresses the needs of women, youth, and members of marginalized groups. USAID Agricultural Inputs will benefit 200,000 farmers in the USAID Feed the Future (FTF) zone of influence.
The AC will be responsible for implementing Agricultural Inputs Activity adopting a private-sector-led approach at the district/municipality level. This will include supporting the CAM in developing and nurturing partnerships with private sector actors to achieve the objectives of the Activity. The AC will also be responsible for backstopping and guiding the private sector partners at district level.
- Coordinate and oversee all District/Sub-Metropolitan/Municipality/Rural Municipality level Activity partners and components.
- Bear primary responsibility for ensuring that the defined district targets are achieved.
- Assist in identifying training participants and monitor training programs organized by private sector partners,
- Liaise between Partners, Managers and communities in the field.
- Liaise with district/Sub-Metropolitan/Municipality/Rural Municipality level relevant governmental and nongovernmental agencies regularly for agreements on mutual support wherever useful.
- Coordinate with municipalities /district level coordination committees and hold alliance meetings with Activity partners as needed.
- Report regularly on Activity progress made.
- Ensure annual and other field-based planning activities,
- Represent the Activity at district and municipality levels.
- Explore opportunities for working together with other USAID projects at the district and other development partners for improving input supply system for the rural poor at the district.
- Explore opportunities for establishing input-output oriented market linkages between local level entrepreneurs and market actors.
- Assist in conducting studies/surveys that are being carried out in the field by monitoring team of Activity.
- Ensure a safe and equitable workplace, create opportunities, and offer support to women and those from disadvantaged groups.
- Support relevant activities included in the forthcoming direct support by USAID to the Government of Nepal.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor and Activity management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQURIEMENTS:
Education: At least a Bachelor’s degree in agronomy, horticulture, agri-economics, agribusiness, or related field.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- At least 3 years field experience in implementation of market-oriented agriculture program, monitoring, documentation and reporting.
- Experience in working closely with the rural communities, private sector, municipalities and other local government agencies.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to work under cross cultural environment.
- Experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Capable of preparing reports in English and Nepali.
The eligible and interested candidates are requested to submit their application ‘Online’ in CEAPRED’S website www.ceapred.org.np (career page). Application submitted online only will be considered for further processes. Please refer the website for detailed JD/TOR of the position. The last date for posting the application is 5:00 PM on 22nd August, 2023. The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever
We seek to cultivate an environment where all candidates relish equal employment opportunities devoid of discrimination, misconduct, fraud, and abuse. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) and Localization guides our practices not just in hiring, but also in staff retention, growth, and policy implementation. This commitment signifies that we value diversity in all its forms including age, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability status, and cultural background. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, recognizing the rich tapestry of the communities in which we live and work.
Disclaimer: This position is contingent upon donor’s approval.