Website The Bristish School
Administrative and Finance Officer
To work closely with colleagues in the development of the school’s extra curricular programme, admin and finance department. To be responsible for the coordination of extra-curricular activities and for reviewing their suitability and effectiveness.
Main Responsibilities in Clubs
- Organise, publicise and manage the extra-curricular opportunities across the school (the sports programme in liaison with the Head of PE).
- Ensure robust quality control for extra-curricular clubs is placed within the school.
- Monitor the progress of students in all extracurricular activities through close liaison with staff, parents and any external agencies used.
Assist teachers in terms of:
Indicating which areas are required in terms of staff involvement and ensuring all staff do their allocation of clubs.
Managing the club programme on a day-to-day basis ensuring efficient use of TBS staff and resources.
Monitoring of teaching quality, pupil attendance and pupil achievement in the clubs.
- Developing a more through recording system for progress and participation in extracurricular activities.
- Promote a positive profile to the School vision to staff, pupils, parents and the wider community.
- Liaison with the ICT department to set up an online student/parent sign up system.
- Liaison with the ICT department on the management of extra-curricular areas of the website.
- Organise the communication of extra-curricular activities to students and parents ensuring that they are aware and take part in opportunities offered by the School.
- Encourage a two-day dialogue with School staff and parents to ensure that all clubs and opportunities are as fully attended, enjoyed and inspiring as they possibly could be.
Main Responsibility in Finance
- Overseas purchasing in coordination with Business Manager.
- Follow up on receivables and report any issues to the Business Manager.
- Flight booking for staff travel liaising with HR Manager and Business Manager.
- Monthly preparation of Bank reconciliation of statements.
- Billing and collection of pupil’s deposits/fees and other dues, issuing receipts for the same.
- Assist Finance manager in other day to day works.
Main Responsibilities in Administration area
- Assist Admissions Manager with admissions related work.
- Provide support and cover for Examination Admin Officer.
- Support Transportation manager with the transportation related works.
Other reasonable requests made by the Principal.
Administrative and Finance Officer – Person Specification
- Ability to inspire children to learn effectively and to model excellent teaching.- Essential
- Willingness to run extra events, both curriculum and extracurricular, that contribute to excellence in children’s learning.- Essential
- Hard-working and dedicated to continuous improvement in Finance and Admin Department and communicating successes within and outside school.- Essential
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with colleagues, school-based staff, governors, parents and external bodies.- Essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work with others harmoniously.- Essential
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.- Essential
- Ability to work on own initiative and react to competing demands.- Essential
- Ability to work to deadlines, applying proactive time management strategies.- Essential
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.- Essential
- Awareness of TBS commitment to community work and willingness to contribute to TBS charities and community programmes- Essential
- Ability to provide a safe environment for children in line with the staff code of conduct and TBS safeguarding policies.- Essential
- Bachelor’s degree from renowned University- Essential
- Any other useful trainings that is relevant to the job role.- Essential
- Experience of working as an admin officer or similar role for at least 2 years.- Essential
- Enthusiastic and hard-working.- Essential
- Calm, flexible approachable attitude.- Essential
- Ability to solve problems, make good judgement and take decisions.- Essential
- Ability to work under pressure, on own initiative, accurately and with attention to detail.- Essential
- Commitment to the improvement and development of own performance.- Essential
- Confidence to advise the Principal and staff on all aspects relating to procurement and resources in the school.- Essential
- Drive and stamina to provide excellent opportunities for all children in the school.- Essential
- Teaching qualification and recent teaching experience.- Essential
- Experience of working within a successful school.- Essential
- Understanding and knowledge of ICT and willingness to further develop ICT skills.- Essential
The British School Kathmandu is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures, including checks with past employers, and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced check. Our safeguarding and safer recruitment policies are shared with all prospective candidates. TBS does not discriminates with regard to race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, political opinion, or disability.
Please submit a letter of application, TBS Application Form, and updated CV to the Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. The British School, Kathmandu by Friday, 7th January 2022 (early applications are encouraged).