Website Aasaman Nepal
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 17 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
Aasaman Nepal is implementing USAID Education: Equity and Inclusion Project which is a five-year project set to implement in Karnali and Madhesh Province with the objective of contributing to reduce barriers to access and retention in grade 6-10; improve quality education for marginalized children; and ensure quality implementation of disbursement linked indicators related to equity and inclusion activities under School Education Sector Plan (SESP). The project will be implemented in approximately 1800 schools spanning 215 LGs across 18 districts of Karnali and Madhesh Province.
Aasaman Nepal is looking for the self-motivated, result oriented and hard-working Nepali citizen for the following position:
Admin and Logistic Officer – Two (Janakpur Based)
This position will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient functioning of administrative and logistical operations and other cluster offices as well as support logistic coordinator in other administrative tasks.
- Prepare attendance sheet, leave records, asset details of the Office and submit it to Finance and Operation Coordinator.
- Maintain fixed assets database and inventory lists properly.
- Safeguarding of assets and verify that assets are in existence and being used properly.
- Ensure that all the received documents/parcels/goods are stored properly with care and safety.
- Lead internal and external logistics arrangement and management of the staff, partner organizations, visitors including travel and accommodation, workshops and training venues, ticketing and reconfirmation from cluster level
- Maintain records, prepare and submit logistics and administrative related information as per requirement.
- Ensure that office equipment’s viz. computers, printers, photocopiers, scanner machine, telephones and internet system are well functioning at all time.
- Provide technical support to physical verification, procurement committee, as needed.
- Prepare periodic procurement plans, logistic contingency plan and enable effective execution of those plans.
- Initiate the procurement process by issuing PR, drafting notices and TOR from Office (support in procurement of required goods/materials/services as per organization and funding partner’s procurement policies, procedures and standard of the organization ensuring their quality and cost effectiveness) consulting with logistic coordinator and his/her line manager.
- Active role in vendor selection process along with the procurement committee.
- Ensure effective supply chain and act as strong link between cluster offices and national office.
- Ensure whether goods are distributed timely manner and in proper packaging and ensure smooth supply chain.
- Preparedness for the emergency situation, maintain vendor/consultants roaster and ensure adequate backup of goods and services.
- Ensure that logistic, procurement and store management has been done effectively following the organizational policy.
- Maintain a proper record of all consumable and non-consumable goods, expenditures, receipts, Requisition Form/ Purchase Order Form, Goods/Documents Out/Receipt Form etc.
- Keep up to date inventory of stationeries, office equipment’s, furniture, and other goods.
- Ensure that in all locations the stores are up to date (documentation with using required forms and formats of the organization) and the stored goods and materials are safe and well organized.
- Ensure Asset Management (keep up to date record, recommendation for maintenance, donation, and disposal) of all locations.
- Dispatch/deliver the goods and materials to the districts/sites in time ensuring their safety during transportation process.
- Ensure that all vehicles’ logbooks are kept accurately and up to date by drivers and users in all locations.
- Ensure that registration, insurance and renewal of all vehicles/motorbikes are timely carried out.
- Ensure timely repairs, maintenance, and servicing of all vehicles.
- Ensure that the vehicles are utilized only for official purposes with proper documentation.
Compliance and Coordination
- Strictly ensure the compliance of organization and funding partner.
- Strictly follow internal control measures of the organization.
- Maintain value for money while procuring goods and services and identify and mitigate financial risks associate with procurement.
- Maintain proper documentation of the procurement and follow principles of transparency and accountability while procuring goods and services
- Establish and maintain good contact/relation with suppliers, government offices, funding partners and other NGOs and I/NGOs, bankers and tax assessors related to finance and logistical matters on regular basis.
Child and adult safeguarding
- Manage the entire working environment in the office and working areas are child and adult sensitive.
- Guide the team and organization in managing protection related matters appropriately.
- Support the organization in complying with all child protection, policies and other funding partners given policies, requirements, and audits.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by line manager.
- Ensure necessary logistical support to the team, donors, and visitors; this may include arranging accommodation, itinerates and travel arrangements while conducting field/district/province level activities and maintain good coordination with hotels/service industries.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
Education qualification and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in management, business administration, supply chain or related field with minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Previous experience in USAID funded project would be an added advantage.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Eagerness to learning attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Problem solving skills and relationship management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English and Nepali complex and technical information to technical and general audiences, and skills on Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoints etc.
Languages: Strong command of Nepali, English, Maithili, Bhojpuri (oral and written) and local language preferred/required.
Aasaman Nepal has zero tolerance of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people. We expect all our employees/volunteers to ensure we are protecting children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abide by our safeguarding policy.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 21 years to 45 years are only eligible to apply for the above position, depending upon the nature of job they will carry.
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in person’s provisions covered in the project agreement.
Monitor staff and partners’ and ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal’s code of Conduct with special attention to Safeguarding Standards and Procedure, Case Handling Framework, Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies. Also, immediate reporting and redress of any complaints and issues based on its severity.
- Locals, especially women and members of ethnic or marginalized communities from Madhesh Province are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further process.
- Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with updated CV in below link by 12/11/2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained. ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.
This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time considering the organization work. The post holder will be expected to demonstrate high level of efficient and effective working skills to perform the responsibilities.