PeaceWin is a non-profit and non-governmental social development organization registered in the District Administration Office, Bajura in 2049 B.S. It envisions proficient person, healthy family and prosperous society through social transformations, especially for women, children and youth. PeaceWin is operating its projects, programs and campaigns from its Head Office in Martadi, Bajura; Provincial Contact Office in Dhangadhi, Kailali and Branch Office in Kolti Bajura and Pokhara Kaski.
PeaceWin is going to implement Community Development Project in partnership with Good Neighbors International Nepal in Budhiganga municipality and Khaptad Chhededah rural municipality of Bajura districts in Sudurpaschim Province of Nepal.
PeaceWin is looking for the dynamic and energetic candidates from local areas/district, minority communities, caste groups, people with disabilities and women are highly encouraged to apply for the following positions:
Admin and Finance Officer
Required No: One
Duty Station: Duty Station will be PeaceWin Head Office, Martadi, Bajura (With frequent field visit in project area)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies/Accounting or Equivalent, minimum five years work experiences in I/NGOs or developmental organization or Master degree in the Business Studies/Accounting or Equivalent, minimum three years of continuous work experience in independently handling budgeting, financial accounting, planning of procurement procedure and experience in the use of MS office Package (Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc.), Email Internet and FAMAS, capacity on financial and administrative management, reporting in English and Nepali languages.
Job Description Roles and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Finance Officer with the following scope of work:
- Prepare financial plans, procurement procedure, and logistic arrangement and carryout day-to-day financial transactions according to Good Neighbors International Nepal/PeaceWin policy and projects’ compliance.
- Ensure the financial transactions are properly authorized, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, filled, maintained and can be easily extracted for the purpose of preparing financial statements, and financial audits.
- Obtain and check all bills/invoices and other supporting documents, travel expenses claims, cash advance request form.
- Carryout the bank and cash operations including cash count preparing bank reconciliation statement maintain cash and bank books and control including issuing cheques, bank transfer requests and other correspondence with banks.
- Prepare vouchers and process for approval of competent authority for timely payment/settlement/adjustment and ensure timely and proper posting of vouchers into PeaceWin accounting system.
- Checks and ensures that all procurement process and expenditures of the project in accordance with the PeaceWin Finance Manual. This includes ensuring receipts to be obtained for all payment.
- Prepares weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports of the project and timely submit to the concern authorities of organization.
- Maintain all vouchers and financial documents in custody properly and make available as and when required.
Candidate Specification Essential competencies/skills:
- Good skills and knowledge of Book keeping and Accounting.
- Good skills and knowledge of writing and speaking in English and Nepali language.
- A good communication with strong relationship building skills, reliable and a team player.
- Pro-active to raise issues with management and resolve identified problems.
- Ability to undertake periodic travel to project fields (if required).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are requested to submit the cover letter with updated CV filling up Vacancy Application Form downloading from https://www.peacewin.org.np/publications/forms-formats/ and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 pm of 6th November 2021. Telephone enquiry is not entertained. The recruitment process includes both written test, interview and selection will be made based on position’s competency criteria.