USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Disaster Risk Management Project
The USAID/Nepal Tayar Nepal – Improved Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Project, also known as Tayar Nepal Program, is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and implemented by DAI Global LLC (DAI). The Tayar Nepal Program’s goal is to strengthen Nepal’s ability to prepare for and respond to disasters. In a country prone to a myriad of natural disasters, at the national level Tayar Nepal aims to build the capacity of disaster risk reduction & management (DRRM) institutions, including the newly created National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Authority (NDRRMA). Locally, Tayar Nepal supports urban municipalities to develop risk-sensitive land use plans and support the prioritization and implementation of a set of technical assistance packages to improve strengthen disaster preparedness and resilience. Tayar Nepal employs two-pronged Stronger Systems + Safer Settlements approach that strengthens institutions and capacities at the national, provincial and local levels to strengthen Nepal’s resilience to natural & non-natural disasters. This will be accomplished through working on three key components: 1) Improving National Level Systems and Institutions; 2) Building Capacity at the Provincial and Municipal Levels and 3) Strengthening disaster response and recovery and supporting activities.
Position: Action Fund Manager
- University degree in relevant field required. Masters preferred.
- At least 12 years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years of grants and subcontracts management, preferably with international donor-funded projects, UN agencies, or NGOs.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience working with grantees and subcontractors and grants and subcontractor procedures
- Ability to professionally communicate across all levels of an organization and the external
- Skilled in strategic thinking and planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and fluency in English
Please refer to www.jobsnepal.com for detailed scope of work. Interested applicants should submit an updated CV to TayarRecruitment@dai.com by June 18, 2021.
Women and persons with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 7 June, 2021