Organization: Helen Keler International (HKI)/Nepal
Helen Keler International (HKI)/Nepal, an International non-profit organization (INGO) works to improve the sight and lives of the vulnerable by combatting the causes and consequences of blindness, poor health and malnutrition through public health approaches, build capacity of organizations, and contribute to policy changes through systems strengthening and operations research. Nutrition is the largest HKI portfolio. In partnership with the USAID funded Child Blindness Program, HKI•Nepal is conducting a research projecrAdaptation of technology and strengthening systems for Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) management in Kathmandu Valey”and is seeking applications from qualified, energetic and self- motivated Nepalese citizens for the following short-term position:
This is a full time consultancy for six (6) months, based in HKI-Nepal, Chakupat and rotating among three participating hospitals in Kathmandu Valey for data collection.
Position – Research Assistant -1
Short -Term (Kathmandu)
• Maintain a logbook of high-risk babies meeting the criteria for Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) screening from three participating hospitals.
• Enter, update and complete datasheets of new born babies (neonates) requiring screening in liaison with the respective hospital staff.
• Maintain an appointment log book of the ROP neonates.
• Upload informationon datasheets in a computer system. Verify and analyze the data entered.
• Assist the ROP team in each hospital during the eye examinations times with collecting and entering data.
• Responsible to contact patient party to ensure follow up of the newborns for their eye examination, and to document the process.
Required for the role:
• Bachelor degree in Statistic, Research, Demography or equivalent related subject.
• A minimum of 2 (two) years of work experience in Research including Data Entering and Analysis.
• Ability to use SPSS, Excel, STATA, NVivo, Atlasti
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Last date to apply: October 13. 2017
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Submission to: Nepal.firstname.lastname@example.org
• A cover letter
• Updated CV
• Minimum of two reference contact details (mobile and e-mail), including current employer.
Deadline for Submission: COB October 13. 2017
Only short•listed candidates will be contacted for the selection process.
Helen Keller International promotes workforce diversity and is an equal opportunities employer
This job announcement was published in Kantipur Dainik on 8 October 2017