Company: Gurkha Welfare Scheme
The Gurkha Welfare Scheme (GWS) invites application from suitably qualified applicants for the post of Mobile Health Assistant to work in its various Area Welfare Centers (AWCs) across Nepal.
Are you interested in joining an exciting organisation dedicated to delivering high quality welfare and medical support to elderly pensioners across Nepal? Do you want to make a difference and contribute to developing healthcare in Nepal? We need both male and female applicants.
• Candidates must be qualified as Health Assistants.
• Must be registered with the Nepal Health Professional Council
• Must have good commands of both spoken and written English
• Must be computer literate
• Must be fit enough to undertake responsibilities of the job; i.e. visiting patients in hilly remote areas
• Must be confident to work independently but know when to ask for help,
• Will need to train the home carer’s
• Must be a Nepali citizen
• Minimum of two years of work experience after the license
DESIRABLE BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
• Experience in working at remote areas with Government / International organization
• Has motorcycle license or in the process of getting one
The successful applicant will be responsible to visit the old and vulnerable pensioners and dependents in remote areas and deliver to them high quality primary care. This will include a lot of trekking up in hilly VDCs. Majority of the work will be field visits in the local area along with other members of the GWS welfare and medical teams, with whom close team working will be essential.
Monthly Stipend of NPR 54,197/– per month with Provident Fund. One month pay as Dashain Bonus and medical cover as per GWS Staff Regulations.
The job is offered for 2 years initially and may be extended to one final year. The interview will be conducted in English.
Last date to apply: 22nd October 2017
HOW TO APPLY
Applications, clearly stating the job applied for, with Curriculum Vitae, recent passport size photo, copy of citizenship and any other relevant certificates should be sent to the Deputy Field Director, The Gurkha Welfare Scheme, British Gurkhas Pokhara, P.O. Box 50, Tallo Dip, Pokhara. The application submission deadline is 22nd October 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. No telephone calls will be entertained.
The Gurkha Welfare Scheme is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from all.
This job announcement was published in Kantipur Dainik on 9 October 2017