Organization: Collaborative Action for Dignity (CAD)
“ATMA SAMMANKA LAGI SAHAKARYA, Bijaya Nagar, Jumla” (Collaborative Action for Dignity-CAD Jumla) is a NGO registered at District Administration Office, Jumla in 2009 under the Organizations Registration Act, 1978. CAD has been working in the issues of protection and Gender-Based Violence (GBV) along with promotion of human rights, child rights and food security.
CAD Jumla has been implementing Child Sponsorship and Integrated Child Centred Community Development Project in some Rural Municipalities of Jumla in partnership with Plan International Nepal from April 2018,with the objectives “To contribute for achieving children, especially girls, have equal opportunity to grow in a free, safe and inclusive environment where they can learn, lead, decide and thrive”. Plan International Nepal has been working in Nepal since 1978, helping marginalized children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Plan International Nepal works in 42 districts in Nepal.
In this context, Collaborative Action for Dignity (CAD) Jumla invites application from interested and eligible candidates for the following position for the successful implementation of this project. The position holder will guide and provide technical expertise on management of child sponsorships communication and child protection programming and implementation. S/He will be responsible for designing and development of quality programme including proposal development, policy analysis and engagement with project implementation. S/He will guide and provide technical advice and capacity support to field teams in child protection and safeguarding children and young people programming and policy implementation. S/He will monitor the child sponsorships, Child Protection & Safeguarding program as per project requirements and M&E framework. S/He will ensure strong coordination between CAD, Plan International Nepal and other NGO partners of Plan International Nepal, Rural/Municipalities, District Coordination Committee and district/municipality level stakeholders for effective implementation of Child Protection programs.
Position: Field Officer
Number of Vacancies: 2
Job Location : Kanakasundari & Sija Rural Municipality
Education Level : Bachelor
Experience Required : More than or equals to 3 years
Professional Skill Required : Microsoft Office Suite Communication Nepali Typing
• Bachelor’s degree in development studies, social science, or other relevant field .
• At least 3 years’ experience in the development projects, working with government agencies strongly preferred in similar role.
• Excellent computer literacy in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required. Typing skills in both English and Nepali preferred.
• English fluency, both written and verbal, is required.
The Project Officer must ensure and be responsible for providingtechnical supportto local leveland for implementation of community based activities as designed in project in close coordination with local level. He/ She will beresponsible tocoordinate with concernedgovernment stakeholders & likeminded organization working in the project area. He will be responsible to develop innovative methodologies, modules, mechanisms to achieve project goalas well as lead influencing agendas.
• Implement all field level activities targeting beneficiaries to achieve expected outcomes.
• Carry out regular monitoring, follow up and supervision of project activities along with target communities, local authorities and other stakeholders.
• Ensure timely completion of activities and reportingwith quality of data/information including case study, success story and documentation of best practices
• Support Team Leader to conduct review meeting of project, reporting and coordination with local stakeholders on regular basis
• Capacity building of CSO networks and support them for Lobby Advocacy with local government forincorporating child protection, Gender Base violence, & Child Marriage issues to their planning.
• Conduct campaign to protect children from Child Marriage or other harmful practices& Gender Base Violence issues.
• Assist supervisor to explore/develop and strengthen networking of organizations to share information/lessons learned, to disseminate findings of project in regular basis.
• Maintain transparent expenditure of project budget and financial management.
Last date to apply: 6 July 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidate are requested to submit their updated CV along with application letter including at least two references before 5:00 PM by 6 July 2020 via email to email@example.com and CC to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Women, local and persons from marginalized community are encouraged to apply.
Applications received after the closing date and time as mentioned above will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview, so, mentioning contact telephone number is must.
Salary expectation should be mentionedin application letter.