Organization: Rural Village Water Resources Management Project
Position: Value Chain Specialist
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duty Station: Project Support Unit (PSU) Office with extensive travel to Project value chain districts and Rural Municipalities
Reporting to: Team Leader/Chief Livelihood Advisor
Academic Qualifications: Master’s degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience (at least 5 years’ experience in agricultural value chains);
- Extensive experience working with rural communities in issues related to agricultural development;
- Experience working with farmers to enhance agricultural productivity, agribusinesses, value chains and market linkages in Nepal;
- Thorough understanding of gross margins, cost benefit analysis, and farm economic analysis;
- Experience of working with farmer group mobilization and agricultural extension including the farmer field school approach;
- Experience in facilitating change at the community level;
- Experience in capacity building and training of farmer groups and cooperative members;
- Good understanding of monitoring and evaluation methods for assessment of rural development interventions;
- Experience with business planning with farmers would be an advantage.
- Ability to work in a team and to deal with local government staff, value chain actors and other development partners
- Good computer skills (MS Office)
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Nepali
- Ability to work and live in remote areas
- Facilitation and training skills
- Good reporting skills in both English and Nepali
- Demonstrated reference of strong sense of discipline and high moral conduct.
- With the Sustainable Livelihoods Specialist (SLS) and other Livelihoods staff, guide the implementation of the project’s approaches to value chain development through the rural municipality structure;
- Assist in identifying markets, provide technical guidance to the stakeholders/value chain actors for the marketing and market forward and backward linkages for value chains maturity with agribusinesses.
- With project partners and stakeholders assist in developing project proposals for value chain improvement;
- Conduct stakeholder (RM, Farmers, Cooperatives, Privates Sector businesses) engagement to coordinate the project’s value chain initiatives;
- Work with the Sustainable Livelihood Specialist to test, enhance and implement the already developed business planning approach with selected farmer groups;
- Ensure the value chain interventions are properly implemented;
- Design and organize capacity development interventions to RM level staff, project staff, farmers and other stakeholders to support value chain interventions;
- Ensure that all project supported interventions are implemented in the spirit of equal rights and social inclusion;
- Develop any training materials and manuals that may be required to support value chain development or business planning;
- Contribute to project planning, monitoring, and reporting as required;
- Coordinate with development partners and other actors to share the best practices in project’s approaches to livelihoods development.
- Contribute to the Livelihoods monitoring and evaluation and the production and dissemination of lessons learned and best practice documents during the phasing out.
- Supervise, monitor and guide relevant Livelihoods Staff.
- Participate project planning, monitoring and reporting activities.
- Any other duties towards achievement of project objectives assigned by the Supervisor
Last date to apply: 29th September 2020
HOW TO APPLY
All eligible applicants are requested to submit their CV utilizing the CV template given below. All applicants MUST use this CV template, no other types of CVs or applications will be entertained.
Click below for the CV template:
Only short listed candidates will be requested to submit certificates and other additional information.
All applications should be submitted by e-mail not later than 29th September 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Write ‘Application for position of Value Chain Specialist‘. An automatic reply will confirm that your e-mail has been received – make sure that your CV is attached!
Since the above e-mail address will not be opened by project staff until after the closing date, send any enquiries to: email@example.com. We will not be able to answer questions made through telephone. Please don’t send your CV in this latter email address.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The exact dates of interview will be communicated for the shortlisted candidates only. Don’t enclose any testimonials, it will be verified during interview.
Any attempt to influence the selection process shall form the basis for disqualification of the candidacy. We do not appreciate third party solicitation for these posts. References are included in your CV. The project has right to reject any of the applications without showing any reason.
RVWRMP is equal opportunity employer. We heartily encourage applications from women, local people (Karnali and Sudur-Paschim Province) and marginalized & disadvantaged groups.