Website United Mission to Nepal (UMN)
United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation that aims toenable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards the fullness of life. As we serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in eight districts (six clusters and two hospitals), building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified, and empowered individuals and transformed communities.
Position: Project Officer – Child Rights
Required No.: 1 (Nawalparasi West, Bardaghat)
The main purpose of this position is to ensure the successful implementation of the ‘Strengthening Child Rights in Pratappur (SCRIP) Project’ and contribute to the UMN’s cluster strategy through effective capacity-building, relationship-building, project management, and providing technical expertise.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education (Preferably in English)/Law (preferably in Child Rights as a special subject)/Social Science.
- At least three years of working experience in Child Rights and Community Development.
- Knowledge and experience in right-based and resilience approach.
- Sound knowledge on child rights situation and child rights in Nepal.
- Experience in concept note/proposal development and proposal writing. Familiar with participatory tools & techniques and group mobilisation.
- Experience in material development, training, and facilitation of workshops/training at district level and in rural settings.
- Familiar with up-to-date child protection strategies, policies, and development practices in Nepal and outside.
- Experience in managing projects through local implementing partner organisation/s.
- Skilled in coordination and networking with local, district and province level stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Nepali. Both writing and speaking must be of an excellent standard.
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN policy.
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for this position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy
Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on Thursday 11 August 2022. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
We especially encourage applications from women and marginalised groups