Website United Mission to Nepal (UMN)
United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation that aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards the fullness of life. As we serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in eight districts (six clusters and two hospitals), building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified and empowered individualsand transformed communities.
Position: Project Manager – Health (Women Only)
Required No.: 2 (Bajhang and Kapilvastu)
Health is one of the key technical areas of UMN’s development programmes and focuses on lasting positive change in the health of the Poorest People Living in Poverty in Nepal. The main purpose of this position is to ensure successful implementation of the project in the cluster and contribute to UMN’s cluster strategy through effective capacity-building, relationship-building, project management, and providing technical expertise.
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health/Psychology or equivalent and minimum three years of working experience in mental health and/or psychosocial support and health system strengthening;
- Or a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health or Psychiatric Nursing and minimum five years’ working experience in mental health and/or psychosocial support and health system strengthening;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of current health issues in Nepal, especially mental health issues;
- Strong experience of project management including planning, budgeting, monitoring, reporting and developing proposals;
- Experience with participatory whole-community assessment, design, implementation, and monitoring processes;
- Familiar with up-to-date poverty eradication strategies, policies and development practices in Nepal and outside;
- Cross-cultural work experience preferred;
- Good computer skills including MS-Office Package. Knowledge of database application would be an advantage;
- Excellent language and communication skills in both Nepali and English.
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN standards.
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for this position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com by 4:00 pm on Friday, 21 January 2022. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
We especially encourage the applications from women and marginalised groups.