Website United Mission to Nepal (UMN)
United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation that aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards the fullness of life. As we serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in eight districts (six clusters and two hospitals), building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified, and empowered individuals and transformed communities.
Position: Project Officer – Disaster Risk Management-1 (Woman only), (Bajhang)
The main purpose of this position is to ensure the successful implementation of the ‘Disaster Risk Management Project’ and contribute to the UMN’s cluster strategy through effective capacity-building, relationship-building, project management, and providing technical expertise.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Disaster Management or Development Studies or related discipline with at least three years of experience on disaster relief, response, and recovery projects. Master’s degree would be preferred
- Experience in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), preparedness, emergency response management of a large-scale disaster, humanitarian assistance and response.
- Experience in organisational preparedness and risk management process.
- Experience in training on disaster management, both in course design and delivery.
- Good skills and knowledge on relevant humanitarian standards and principles (SPHERE Standard, CHS, Code of Conduct), especially around accountability.
- Experience in concept note/proposal development and proposal writing. Familiar with risk assessment tools & techniques.
- Familiar with up-to-date disaster risk reduction strategies, policies, and development practices in Nepal and outside.
- Experience in managing projects through local implementing partner organisation/s.
- Skilled in coordination and networking with local, district and province level stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Nepali. Both writing and speaking must be of an excellent standard.
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN policy.
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for this position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy
Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on Thursday, 08 September 2022. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
We especially encourage applications from marginalised groups.