Website UNDP Nepal
Support Outreach of “My Voice Matters” Campaign (Province 1)
Description of assignment title: Support Outreach of “My Voice Matters” Campaign (Province 1)
Assignment country: Nepal
Expected start date: Invalid Date
Sustainable Development Goal: 16. Peace, justice and strong institutions
For how many hours per week will the volunteer be required?: 6 – 10
Host entity: UNDP
Duration: 5 weeks
Number of assignments: 25
Mission and objectives
UNDP in Nepal
UNDP Nepal works with the people and Government of Nepal, and other development partners to pursue equitable and sustainable human development goals through eradication of poverty, increase in livelihood opportunities, improvement in community resilience against conflict, disasters and impact of climate change, while laying down strong foundations for a society based on rule of law with an inclusive and participatory democracy.
As the government of Nepal has announced local level elections for May 13 in one phase, this is a crucial time to encourage and aware young people to vote. Making youths aware of their rights would lead them to be active and responsible citizens. For the youth to express their voice and bring reforms in the government they must elect their representative who strongly relays their voice to the concerned authority. For this, it is vital for the young people to have the right to vote and utilize their rights.
Realizing this, UNDP and UNV Nepal have launched an online campaign “My Vote Matters” with the support of youths from across the country. The campaign aims of initiating a national movement to increase the number of aware youth voters in Nepal for the upcoming local elections. For this purpose, Online campaign volunteers are required.
- Awareness Raising: The main agenda of ‘My Vote Matters’ campaign is to spread awareness among the people about voter education and voting rights.
- Changing their profile picture with a frame “My Vote Matters”: The online volunteers will be informed to change their profile picture of Facebook to the frame “My Vote Matters”. The design of the frame will be jointly created by the ESP team of UNDP Nepal and UNV. Through this frame, a massive outreach and promotion on the value of voting will be relayed on social media platforms especially to women users.
- Promoting existing social media contents developed by Election Commission Nepal and Electoral Support Project (ESP): The volunteers will be asked to share/post the flyer, videos, PSAs, and other social media contents through their personal social media handles so that their peers, friends, and family are well informed about voter education and electoral process. It is ensured that the contents are accessible for the PwD as well.
- Reach out to Challenge among volunteers: There will be a challenge among the volunteers to reach out to the maximum number of female voters. Three volunteers from each province with maximum reach will be provided with gifts/goodies.
- Should have interest in promotion of volunteerism for civic engagement.
- Should be of Nepali nationality
- Should use social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram actively.
- Should have access to phones, laptops, and internet services or cellular data.
- Actively involve in associated challenges under the campaign.
Nepalese, Level: Fluent, Required
English, Level: Fluent, Required
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics. As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
Advertisement end date: 21/04/2022