Website Save the Children
Trainee- Finance – (2100090V)
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invests over 40 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
The Trainee -Finance, under close supervision of the Sr. Grants and Finance Coordinator, will support in day-to-day work of Finance team.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Maintain the filing system (both PR and SRs) and safely keep back up data of finance and finance related documents. Get acquainted with grants/donors compliance requirement in managing grant/sub-grant and follow the procedures.
- Provide the support for daily banking transactions.
- Inform to parties for payment and issue the cheques.
- Verified all bills and invoices including supporting documents and submit for final review to Finance Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining the VAT & tax records of both PR and SRs and take the necessary action of VAT refund from government.
- Provide the support to prepare the bank reconciliation, settle of all liabilities and work together with Sr. Finance and Grants Coordinator to preparation necessary documents for donor reporting.
- Provide the support to prepare the necessary documents and provide the support to internal and external audits, LFA visit, OIG visit, SC/US visit, SCI visit of grant and takes action on recommendations.
- Provide the support to Sr. Finance and Grants Coordinator for donor reporting.
- Prepare manual updates of fund disbursement detail of all SRs.
- Adhere the organizational policy, procedures, donors’ requirement & local laws.
- Provide the support to GF team as required.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degrees in Management
- Computer skills on MS Word, Excel
- Fluent in speaking and writing English
Required No.(s): 1
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Based in Country Office, Kathmandu
“Nominal stipend of NRs.15,000 per month will be provided to cover basic expenses only”
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Dec 18, 2021