Website Lutheran World Federation Nepal
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Nepal is an international, non-governmental humanitarian and development organization that has been working in Nepal since 1984 focusing on Sustainable Livelihood, Quality Services and Protection and Social Cohesion. The LWF Nepal requires that everybody associated with it abide by its Child Protection Policy and the Code of Conduct.
The Lutheran World Federation Nepal invites applications from all potential Nepali candidates for the following positions.
Position: Project Officer-Livelihood and Market
Organizational unit: LWF Nepal/Provincial Office East
Duty Station: Provincial Office East, POE, Damak, Jhapa
Reports to: Program Manager/ Sub-Unit Operation Lead–DMK
The Project Officer-Livelihood and Market will take overall responsibilities of all livelihoods related interventions in APoC project in DMK and KTM and will work under the direct supervision of Sub-Unit Operation Lead –DMK and mobilize community-based organizations for livelihood, enterprises development and income generation. The PO is responsible to work directly on economic empowerment strengthening PoC ledCBOs’such as enterprise groups, SHGs, BRWF, BRAD, BRCF, CMC, etc;and UNHCR and other stakeholders.
Management and Operation
- Take overall responsibilities of the livelihoods sector of PoC project (KTM + DAMAK)
- Take the responsibility of field operations of assessment, designing, planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the livelihood development program for refugees and host communities.
- Undertake the responsibility of organizing skill development training and to beneficiaries of the project.
- To find the livelihood needs of the vulnerable families and their capacities, outsource the best trainers/training institutes and write contracts, operate training sessions, manage on-the-job training and job placement,evaluate the performance of the graduates, and enterprise development programs, monitor the training programs in terms skill gained and productivity of the enterprises of the graduates.
- Provide support to finance and procurement in developing budget, procurement of goods and services pertaining to livelihoods.
- Provide technical support in entrepreneurship development including enterprise identification, skill training, savings &credit group or cooperative group operations.
- Provide regular technical support to on/off farm enterprises at both sub-units (Kathmandu and Damak)
- Assist group and group entrepreneurs in preparing their business planning for entrepreneurship development.
- Assist Project officer-Enterprise and employment (SU-Kathmandu) for implementation of livelihoods activities at the filed level ensuring participation from targeted beneficiaries with the proper database.
- Assist Project Associate-livelihood and marketing the field of capacitating the Community-Based Organizations Savings & Credit Groups/Cooperative Groups, and Camp Management Committees.
- Ensure that the beneficiaries are well aware of the design and process of livelihoods programs.
- To carry out additional duties assigned/requested by sub-unit head and the Provincial Program Coordinator of East.
Coordination and linkages
- To maintain close coordination with UNHCR and other partner agencies including Camp Management Committee to develop and implement various project activities.
- To establish a close working relationship with the local authorities and relevant stakeholders for business registration, market linkage and enterprise promotion.
- Build linkage with financial institutions, market management, and other stakeholders, and coordination with Technical Committee/Task Force.
- To coordinate with stakeholders and training institutes in identifying short-term and medium-term skill development training, CTEVT skill certification, on-the-job training and job placement and entrepreneurship/enterprise development/value chain development areas.
Planning, monitoring, documentation and reporting
- Monitor the policy provisions and changed context of PoCs and prepare annual/parodic plan and budget for livelihoods sector, enterprise and employment components.
- Carry out systemic monitoring of livelihoods enterprise and employment sector objective and outputs following agreed performance indicator.
- Maintain project record/database as per donor/support organizations requirement.
- Maintain records of PoC related to livelihoods and market and other related issues, and suggest ways forward for challenges to resolve issues.
- Prepare and submit event, weekly and monthly reports following donor/support organizations requirement.
- Contribute in preparing quarterly, half-yearly and annual reports following donor/support organizations requirement.
- Develop different knowledge products such as case stories, best practices, and audio/video in consultation with team and communication focal person.
- Assist in writing project proposals.
- Contribute to establish Complaints Response Mechanism compliances of LWF Nepal policies, child protection policy and code of conduct.
- Contribute to strengthen gender justice, social inclusion and accountability in LWF Nepal.
- Contribute to strengthen resource mobilization in LWF Nepal and LWF Nepal’s forums and meetings as and when required.
Required Qualification, Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, Livestock, Business Management, or related academic discipline
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience-working on Livelihood and Market Management.
Note: This job description is subject to be revised annually or as per the requirement of the organization.
Result oriented Nepalese individual candidates are requested to submit the CV along with the interest letter to Human Resource Department at email@example.com by 13 January 2022
Qualified female candidates and candidates from Dalit, disadvantaged and socially excluded group are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for selection process. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.