Website The Lutheran World Federation Nepal
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Nepal is an international, non-governmental humanitarian and development organization that has been working in Nepal since 1984 focusing on Sustainable Livelihood, Quality Services and Protection and Social Cohesion. The LWF Nepal requires that everybody associated with it abide by its Child Protection Policy and the Code of Conduct.
Position: Finance & Admin Officer-West
Duty Station : Provincial Office west, Dhangadhi
Project: Development Project
Report: Program Manager-PoW and Finance Manager-Country Office
Duration of the contract: Till end of December2021 possibility of extension
Finance and Admin Officer (FAO) is entrusted with the responsibility for planning, organizing, leading, controlling and monitoringfunction in Provincial Office West(POW) in the area of Financial and Administrative Management including Procurement and Logistic andensure the full compliances of Financial and other policies of LWF Nepal. S/he reports to Program Manager, West andFinance Manager,Country Office.
- Be accountable for projects under ProvincialOffice West (POW) and equipped yourself about projects and partners basic information.
- Ensure the full compliances of LWF WS Finance Manual, Procurement manual,HR manual and Administrative Policies.
- Ensure that internal controls are set up in POW-LWF Nepal and check whether such controls are effectively used to avoid the risk and fraud on financial area.
- Ensure the controls in SAGE 300 accounting software in respect of posting transaction, reporting and backing up the data.
- Assist the accountant in keeping the books of account up to date.
- Prepare and submit monthly plan based on regional plan and donor agreement.
- Ensure the compliance of tax Law and other applicable laws of Government of Nepal.
- Responsible toprepare different Financial Report to be submitted to different donors as per donor agreement.
- Facilitate to prepare, review and ensure the actual performance against the approved work plan and
- Budgets of all projects and Implementing Partners whether the activities are carried out in line with the
- Partnership Agreement, policies, Procedures and economically, efficiently and effectively.
- Monitor the financial and program status of implementation of planned activities and its results and to support the implementing partners of POWin keeping the books of account and provide the monitoring report to PPC
- Recommend and ensure that all payments are properly authorized and paid in accordance with theterms of Partnership agreement and LWF Policies
- Assist theproject/program teamin the budgeting of projects including the revision of the budget.
- Monitor the policy compliance of procurement activities of POW.
- Facilitate and monitor procurement and store functions and execute administrative duties in coordination withrespective duty officers and in maintaining such an administrative environment that is fair, transparent, and healthyand as per Core Humanitarian Standard.
- Ensure that all procurement requirements are planned at the project application phase
- Ensure that procurement staff are timely involved for the sake of giving input on market conditions, prices, procurement procedures
- Ensure that estimates and costs are in accordance with working budgets
- Ensure that all procurement is carried out objectively in a fair, transparent and non-discriminatory manner
- Ensure obtaining the best value for money and the best interest for the organization
- Ensure that procurement fulfils donor requirements
- Ensure that all decisions on procurement are clearly documented and an audit trail is maintained at all times
- Archive the finance documents, staffsprofiles, legal agreements and files. Coordinate with IT in digitalizing the files and documents as per exit strategies.
- Responsible for coordinating in disposal of office assets as per exit strategies.
- Coordinate and ensure the overall management of logistics department.
- Liaison with the bank and other government’s institution.
- Correspond and supervise on the various administrative matters including fixed assets and store management
- Maintain office premises to provide good working environments
- Ensure that personnel files of employee have been maintainedand updated.
- Contribute to strengthenresource mobilizationand contribute for fund raising initiatives.
- Contribute to strengthen Provincial Management Team (PMT)
- Attend LWF Nepal’s forums and meetings as and when required.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the LWF Management.
Required Qualification, Skills and Competencies:
- At least Bachelors’ Degree in Business Studies with Finance major or any other equivalent relevant academic discipline.
- Minimum 5years of professional experience-working on Financial management in I/NGO •Ability to work effectively in a team and staff mobilization
- Good interpersonal and official communication, email and internet skills with learning attitude
- Knowledge on institutional development and capacity building, skills of proper documentation of financial matter.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English Note: This job description is subject to be revised as per the requirement of the organization
Result oriented Nepalese individual candidates are requested to submit the CV along with the interest letter to Human Resource Department at firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 January 2021
Qualified female candidates and candidates from Dalit, disadvantaged and socially excluded group are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for selection process. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.