Website Helvetas Nepal
ENSSURE II, is a bilateral initiative of Governments of Nepal and Switzerland. It seeks to help Nepalese youths, women, and men, gain social and economic benefits from a federalized TVET system. To the end, the project has been supporting 3 spheres of governments to deliver TVET functions as per their constitutional mandate. The project is being implemented by the Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) at the federal level, by the Ministry of Social Development at the provincial level, and by municipalities within these provinces at the local level with technical support from Helvetas Nepal. Building on the experience of its phase 1, the project has been supporting the governments to scale up and institutionalize work-based learning, which includes Dual VET- Apprenticeship, Training with OJT and Workers’ Further Training. Besides, the project has been providing career guidance to youths, and students in grade 9 and 10.
Helvetas Nepal invites applications from competent and committed Nepali Citizens for the following positions:
Technical Officer – Career Guidance – 6 position(s) – Open for All
Duty Station : Koshi Province/ Bagmati Province/ Lumbini Province
This position will require working in close coordination with Technical coordinator- Career Guidance. The position holder is responsible to :
- Support community schools in planning and implementing career guidance program including the school to work transition initiatives;
- Coordinate with LGs and implementing schools for allocating required human resources and budget;
- Support Technical coordinator- Career Guidance, LGs and PGs to organize career fairs and similar events.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Compliance of Policies, Guidelines and Manuals
- Adhere to relevant policies, procedures, regulations, and guidelines of HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal (Personnel, Financial, Administrative policy manual, Security Response Guide, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Guide, Sexual Harassment & Mobbing Policy, Code of Conduct Against Corruption etc.) and other specific policies applicable for the HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation Nepal;
- Adhere to the policies and rules of the Government of Nepal and Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) that are related to programme;
- Contribute to Conflict Sensitive Programme Management at all levels.
Programme Implementation and Coordination (40%):
- Facilitate LGs and community schools in planning and implementing career guidance component including the school to work transition initiatives – selection of schools, planning for career guidance sessions, managing service providers, training teachers and delivery of career guidance sessions;
- Support selected community schools in planning and implement activities such as organize visits to industries and TVET schools, meet the experts/role model, organize networking events with former students/graduates, workshops/events on resume writing, interview preparation, professional etiquette, financial/business/entrepreneurship literacies, career fairs, activities to foster partnership with business, industries and relevant organization under School to work transition initiatives;
- Provide support for developing career guidance materials/outreach materials.
- Ensure effective implementation of relevant guidelines, manuals and IEC materials in regard to conduction of career guidance component activities;
- Safeguard the quality implementation of career guidance sessions in schools and give necessary hands-on support;
- Plan and coordinate Career Guidance teachers’ training, logistics and coordination;
- Support LGs to organize career and Job fairs;
- Facilitate career guidance support to the trainees and apprentices;
- Organize review and reflection events at the province;
- Make sure the information is updated on ENSSURE database system;
- Pursue local governments in allocating co-fund to upscale the program.
3. Management (20%)
- Support in overall management (planning and implementation) of the career guidance component and ensure quality assurance in terms of the achievement of project outcomes at the assigned province;
- Support LGs to oversee the performance of the implementing partners, schools for implementation of career guidance component.
4. Monitoring and knowledge management (20%)
- Support LGs in monitoring career guidance activities implemented by Schools;
- Compile the information and support in producing reports;
- Closely work with Technical Coordinator in overall coordination for Career Guidance in the working area;
- Monitor the performances of Career guidance teachers and assigned personnel for School to work (StW) transition initiatives and students, and suggest for necessary capacity building needs;
- Ensure that implementing partners (schools, partner organizations) meets the compliance of timely submission of the progress reports, financial compliance and other relevant deliverables as per the plan;
- Support Technical Coordinator- CG in developing monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual progress reports relating to career guidance activities;
- Support in conducting studies related to CG (e.g. Impact study).
5. Coordination, collaboration and networking (20%)
- Establish regular communication mechanism for coordination and collaboration among local government, schools, teachers, principals etc;
- Coordinate and provide necessary support to relevant stakeholders including LGs and Implementing schools and partners.
Other specific responsibilities as assigned.
- Perform other tasks as per the project’s requirement and as assigned by the supervisor;
- Be proactive in bringing innovations and taking new initiatives into the programme and the organization.
Required Skills and Competencies
A. Minimum Education Attainment: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Science, Management or in any relevant discipline.
B. Minimum Professional Experience: Minimum 3 years of overall experience with
- Minimum 2 years of work experience with students and youths;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in project implementation ;
- Minimum 1 year of experience in providing career guidance service to youths/students.
C. Required Competencies:
- Two- wheeler driving skill with valid driving license is compulsory
- Sound understanding of lifelong learning, guidance/counselling approaches, personality test
- Able to work in minimum supervision
- High level of integrity and professional code of ethics
- Good understanding of TVET sector of Nepal along with economic development of Nepal
- Demonstrated skills on capacity building and institutionalization support
- Strong motivator, a team player, and a coach
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and programmatic competencies
- Excellent reporting and writing skills
- Result oriented mentality
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Commitment towards gender equality, social inclusion and poverty reduction
- Excellent written and oral communication in Nepali and English
- IT Proficiency in using office application software
Duration: Till 2025 with the possibility of extension
Salary and Benefits: As per rules and regulation of Helvetas Nepal
Priority will be given to the local candidates (candidates from or the surroundings of the duty station.)
Application Procedures: Interested candidates who meet above requirements are requested to visit our website at http://apply.helvetas.org.np and submit application through online portal. Detailed job description is available in the website.
Any telephone enquiries/and or attempts to apply undue influence will result disqualification of candidates. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the selection process. Helvetas Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons.
Helvetas Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups [Woman, Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai, and other miority communities).
Deadline for submission of application: 6 February 2024.