Website World Vision International
Kusunti, KC Tower, Lalitpur, Nepal
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: R12468
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
The Technical Head (Protection) is accountable to lead the design and write up of technically sound new (Protection) programs and concepts/proposals; to develop coherent Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) portfolio framework; to provide strategic quality oversight on (Protection) programs portfolio; and to lead sector programs’ external engagement with government, donors, peer local/INGOs and other stakeholders (research, university, think-thank, professional associations, etc) in order to promote the evidence of World Vision’s child-focused (Protection) programs impact; to engage in (Protection) policy formulation or implementation; and to create new funding opportunities for (Protection) programs.
Provide overall technical leadership, Technical Support and Capacity Building:
Design technically-sound (Protection) programs design and new Protection proposals, with coherent MEAL framework, meeting donors, World Vision and Government and sector community of practice standards.
Strategic Quality Oversight
Provide strategic quality oversight of (Protection) projects implementation in coordination with MEAL team and Field Operations team
External Engagement and Grants’ Acquisition
Lead sector programs’ external engagement with government, donors, peer local/INGOs and other stakeholders (such as research institutes, university, think-tank, professional associations, private sectors, etc)
Required Professional Experience
- At least 5 years field experience in Protection programming or the equivalent in the headquarters of a major NGO (5-10 years preferred)
- Good writing and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate technical language to non-specialists with clarity
- At least 3 years of team leadership experience
- Advance understanding on project cycle and MEAL
- Experience in Protection proposals development
- Good Nepali and English, both in writing and speaking
Required Protection, training, license, registration and certification
- Masters degree or equivalent in Protection or related field
- Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
Subject matter expert on Protection programming/project models
Having good network with government, donors, and other Protection stakeholders
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.