Technical Coordinator-GREEN (INT8899)
Technical Coordinator-GREEN Project
“Applicable for Nepali Nationals only”
Duration: Fixed term contract until March 31, 2023
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
The technical coordinator is a part of the program team, to be managed by the resilience and climate justice thematic lead. The team is responsible for overseeing and supporting partners for planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluation projects by incorporating policy influence and feminist principles, and contributing to portfolio development.
What we are looking for
The Technical Coordinator will provide technical support and managerial oversight to Oxfam’s GREEN (Gender Responsive Economic Empowerment in Nepal) Project. The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical and managerial support to the project and partners’ staff. As a technical co-ordinator, the person will be overall responsible for project management, including planning, budgeting, implementation support of partners, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of project activities. This position is also responsible for the coordination and building good relations with different government and non-government stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in agriculture or natural resource management, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience (3 years for a master’s degree or above) in managing, coordinating, or overseeing a gender-responsive economic empowerment program.
- Sound technical knowledge/experience in mainstreaming gender and climate justice in development programs.
- Proven team leadership and proven track record in achieving great team performance and sound ability to work together with others including local partners and independently as required.
- Demonstrates understanding of applying gender and diversity issues, and proven commitment to addressing inequalities in all the key areas of responsibility.
- Knowledge and understanding of diversity, cultural and political sensitivities.
- Very good interpersonal skills & flexibility, creatively to work within a dynamic & sometimes unpredictable work environment, and across team and partners.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to make a difference in Oxfam by working closely with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their field of Gender, WASH and Water Governance, Resilience and Climate Justice and so forth along with the national and international training and development opportunities. Our offer consists of fair pay and competitive benefits package.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. We think this role would work particularly well as a partially home-based role or job share.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work, including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, click ‘apply for this role’ button below.
Application for the above position can be sent by 22 September 2022. If you would like to learn more about this role, please refer to job profile.
As part of your online application, please upload your up-to-date CV and a cover letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
- We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
- We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
- We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.