Website FHI 360
Technical Advisor – Public Health
Technical Advisor – Public Health
The Technical Advisor – Public Health will provide technical and scientific leadership in designing, implementing and evaluating the project’s public health strategy and activities. S/he will support the Deputy Chief of Party and Chief of Party in providing technical advice and leading initiatives with government stakeholders and partners based upon expertise on evidence- based methods and strategies for achieving learning results on air pollution knowledge and generating new evidence on the impacts of air pollution on public health outcomes. S/he will ensure the use of best practices in the field and rigorous design and implementation. The Technical Advisor – Public Health will lead activities to design adolescent curriculum, implement vocational trainings, guide research on the intersection of air pollution and public health outcomes and liaise with public health institutions and media outlets to raise awareness.
- Provide technical leadership in the design, development, execution and evaluation of public health sector engagement strategy, ensuring the project’s activities use a systematic planning process that is evidence-based and reinforced through a coordinated, shared vision among partners, key stakeholders, and the Government of Nepal
- Lead development and preparation of annual workplans and routine donor reporting for the public health workstream of the project
- Work with project stakeholders to develop public health-related tools and frameworks
- Lead the development of curricula on air pollution and design training plans and modules to deliver content to pre-defined groups of learners
- Lead research on the impact of air pollution on public health outcomes that can support decision-making and advocacy
- Ensure that new knowledge and best practices in public health sector for air pollution reduction are shared and contribute to the knowledge base through participation in local, regional and global partner and technical networks, scientific forums and other knowledge-sharing platforms
- Work with project’s capacity building, civil society, governance, education and private sector engagement team to ensure cross-sector collaboration, synergies and effective implementation of public health-related activities.
- Work with the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to track whether public health activities are achieving the project’s indicators
- Oversee planning and implementation of other specific civil society activities
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Chief of Party and Country Director
- Masters’ degree, or international equivalent in public health from an accredited university.
- Five to seven years of relevant experience in management of and technical direction to public health projects and/or programs in Nepal, some knowledge of environmental health is preferred
- Experience in program and training design, including knowledge of how best to integrate new programs/activities into existing systems and most effectively roll-out training
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and consultants, and to set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities required
- Flexibility and ability to adapt implementation based on data or information from monitoring of activities
- Thought leadership in public health and demonstrated experience in advancing the field in Nepal and/or regionally
- Experience with working in USAID projects is preferred
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English and fluency in Nepalese
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in virtual/digital environment
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from ethnic minorities, socially excluded and disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply through the https://www.fhi360.org/careers as soon as possible, but no later than 5:00 pm October 21, 2021. Applications will be reviewed as they are received on a rolling basis.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and oral interview. Any effort to influence the selection process will result in disqualification
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.