Website FHI 360
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Time type: Full time
Job requisition id: Requisition – 2021202043
The Technical Advisor–Education will provide technical and scientific leadership in designing, implementing and evaluating the project’s education strategy and activities. S/he will support the Deputy Chief Party and Chief of Party in providing technical advice and leading initiatives with government stakeholders, particularly municipalities within Kathmandu Valley, and partners based upon expertise on evidence- based methods and strategies for achieving learning results on air pollution knowledge and generating new evidence on the impacts of air pollution on educational outcomes. S/he will ensure the use of best practices in the field and rigorous design and implementation. The Technical Advisor – Education will lead activities to design adolescent curriculum, support schools in designing and implementing innovative programs on environmental education, guide research on the intersection of air pollution and educational outcomes and liaise with municipalities, educational institutions and media outlets to raise awareness.
- Provide technical leadership in the design, development, execution and evaluation of an education engagement strategy, ensuring the project’s activities use a systematic planning process that is evidence-based and reinforced through a coordinated, shared vision among partners, key stakeholders, and the Government of Nepal, both at the national and sub-national levels
- Lead development and preparation of annual workplans and routine donor reporting for the education workstream of the project
- Work with project stakeholders to develop education tools and frameworks
- Lead the development of curricula on air pollution and design training plans and modules to deliver content to pre-defined groups of learners
- Lead research on the impact of air pollution on learning outcomes that can support decision-making and advocacy
- Ensure that new knowledge and best practices in education for air pollution reduction are shared and contribute to the knowledge base through participation in local, regional and global partner and technical networks, scientific forums and other knowledge-sharing platforms
- Work with project’s capacity building, civil society, governance, public health and private sector engagement team to ensure cross-sector collaboration, synergies and effective implementation of education-related activities.
- Work with the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to track whether program education activities are achieving the project’s indicators
- Oversee planning and implementation of other specific civil society activities
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Chief of Party and Country Director
- Advanced degree in education, management or a directly relevant field from an accredited university. Masters’ degree, or international equivalent, preferred.
- Five to seven years of relevant experience in management of and technical direction to education projects and/or programs in Nepal, some knowledge of environmental education is preferred but not required
- Experience in curriculum and training design, including knowledge of how best to integrate new curricula into existing systems and most effectively roll-out training
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and consultants, and to set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities required
- Flexibility and ability to adapt implementation based on data or information from monitoring of activities
- Thought leadership in education and demonstrated experience in advancing the field in Nepal and/or regionally
- Experience with working in USAID projects is preferred
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English and fluency in Nepalese
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in virtual/digital environment
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from ethnic minorities, socially excluded and disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply
Deadline for application is till 5:00 pm June 17, 2022.
Those who had applied previously need not to apply.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.