Website Habitat for Humanity
Position: System and IT Officer
No. of vacancies: 1 (One)
Duration: Through December 2022 (Extendable if funding and need permits)
Location: Kathmandu Office
Reports to: Sr HR & Admin Manager
Field Visits: As required
Core Function: This position will lead, develop, and manage all information technology systems, applications, and equipment in the Habitat for Humanity International Nepal office. This includes both tracking equipment inventory as well as maintenance and repair need of equipment, LAN, server, IT network, and internet services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to employees: Analyze and resolve computer problems; oversee computer maintenance and repair.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printer, cloud printers/ scanners, fax, ups, inverter. etc.
- Coordinate service needs with outsourced providers for IT network, internet, and LAN; maintain the server capacity, and maintain computer inventory.
- Provide procurement specs for computer hardware and software and serve as primary liaison with IT-related vendors and suppliers.
- Ensure internet connection for staff and guests. Manage/Monitor bandwidth as per the user’s needs.
- Manage databases, schedules, calendars, reports, and email distribution and contact lists, updating and distributing them as appropriate under the direction of the Senior Management Team.
- Administration, support, and configuration of MS Office 365 for staff.
- Support Microsoft Teams, One Drive for Business, SharePoint Library/sites sync issues and work with the users to recover data lost
- Manage computer program files on the public drive/SharePoint: removing, adding and organizing files as directed.
- Monitoring, and maintaining network/router equipment of an organization along with Upgrading to the latest stable firmware releases; securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies/firewall.
- Maintain/Update Official Webpage. Renew domain, as necessary. Add/remove SUBDOMAIN as per the need of the organization.
- Implement IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation.
- Design and provide training programs on security/IT Tips and Tricks/Application uses for staff.
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations, and outages.
- Conduct virus check and removal if necessary.
- Maintain IT equipment & instruments inventory.
- Communication Device Set-up and maintenance.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education Qualification and Professional Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of one year of work experience in the IT sector.
- In-depth knowledge of the IT and Operations environment in Nepal.
- Working experience in managing Microsoft Office 365 and related technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team or individually.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively and willing to help colleagues.
- Able to work effectively in cross-cultural settings; can support, negotiate, and cooperate with those of other cultures.
- Proactively manage workloads and multiple priorities efficiently and with minimal supervision and maintain confidentiality.
- Fluency in Nepalese and English language.
How to Apply: For all the positions above, women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to visit the merojob site to apply through the online form made available – https://merojob.com/habitatnepal/
Application submission deadline is 12 June 2022.
Human Resources Department, Habitat for Humanity International Nepal
In accordance with its foundational mission principles, Habitat for Humanity International is committed to the highest ethical standards and opposes all forms of discrimination, exploitation, and abuse. We intend to create and maintain a work and living environment that is safe, productive, and respectful for our colleagues and for all we serve.
We also require that all staff take seriously their ethical responsibilities to Safeguarding (Child Protection, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation Harassment and Abuse) our intended beneficiaries, their communities (especially children), and all those with whom we work. In line with the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse, all staff must pass a thorough background screening, police check and will be held accountable to upholding our policies around ethical behavior, including safeguarding and whistleblowing
Habitat for Humanity International Nepal is an equal opportunity organization. Women, persons with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantage communities, and local candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps in recruitment. However, habitat for Humanity International Nepal reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.