Website Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN)
Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN) is a Nepalese non-governmental development organization working mainly in the areas of community development, livelihood, food and nutrition security, education, health, and good governance. The organization equally promotes human rights and social justice, having a strategic focus on protecting and promoting economic, social, and cultural rights and the right to development in Nepal. RRN also works extensively on natural resource management, disaster management, and climate change adaptation. Its major interventions are directed towards poor, vulnerable, and disadvantaged groups in rural areas.
RRN has been granted the Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations since 1997. It is also accredited to the Global Environment Facility (GEF), the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), and the Green Climate Fund (GCF).
Currently, RRN is looking for competent candidates to fulfill the following positions for “Citizen empowerment to improve food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations in Rolpa district, Lumbini province, Nepal (POSHAN SUDHAR) funded by Welthungerhilfe /BMZ and being implemented by RRN in Triveni and Runtigadhi Rural Municipalities of Rolpa district, Nepal.
Position: Sub-Engineers, Field-2
Main Responsibilities: Responsible for feasibility study, preparation of design and cost estimates, and taking a lead to the implementation of small irrigation systems in two RMs. He/She should closely work with the field team. Equally, should provide technical support to field team and farmers groups. The position requires preparing a design and cost estimates (with at least 60% travel in the field/ward level). Coordination with local government and other stakeholders for leverage fund for irrigation schemes where possible. Facilitation of different pieces of training to farmers and irrigation scheme user groups including operation and maintenance training.
Qualification & Required Skills:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering with at least three years of relevant experience in irrigation-related infrastructure design and construction.
- Good skills in design, drawing, and cost estimate preparation for irrigation systems; surface irrigation, drip irrigation and sprinkle irrigation, etc.
- Good skills in the implementation of farmer-managed irrigation systems.
- Skills on conducting public auditing in each infrastructure support project and other activities and community scorecard exercise at the health post and municipal/ward level.
- Good skills of social mobilization and coordination with local government and agriculture and irrigation desk and other like-minded development stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, and negotiation skills.
- Having good knowledge of computer skills with general software such as Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
Programme Manager and Finance Officer are be based in Head Office, Kathmandu and frequently travel to the field as required. Project Coordinator, Agriculture Officer, Nutrition/ MEAL Officer, and Admin and Finance Officer will be based in field office (anticipated at Holeri) Rolpa district with frequently monitor and visit to project area/ward level of Triveni and Runtigadhi RM. Sub-engineers, JTAs, and Nutrition Facilitators (SM) will be based at field/ward level (60%) in Triveni and Runtigadhi RM Rolpa.
The salary and benefit of each position shall be as per the organization’s rules. Interested candidates may send their applications detailing the interest/motivation to work with us, expected remuneration along with an updated CV through E-mail to email@example.com on or before 5 pm of 7th Nov. 2021.
Telephone inquiries shall not be entertained and any other direct or indirect solicitation may lead to disqualification of the candidacy. Local, competent female candidates and from excluded and less represented communities/groups are highly encouraged to apply. RRN is an equal opportunity organization. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps of recruitment. RRN reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
More Information and Application Details