Duty Station: Current requirement is in Kathmandu but can be placed anywhere in Nepal as per business needs and future requirements.
To drive corporate development plans aligning organizational KPI’s with internal processes, products & customer services, and responsible for identifying strategic priorities, and managing overall strategies in Ncell.
Lead Strategic and Business Planning, Performance Management and Reporting, Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics, Enterprise PMO Management vertical of Ncell.
Main responsibility areas:
Development of Strategy, Vision for BP and Long Term Plan for the Company
- Leads the development of the strategic plan/framework for the organization, and the detailed current year operating plan, while adhering to the direction set by the CEO and Board of Directors. This includes formalizing and leading the strategic planning process, focusing on long-term trends and outlook, and competitive intelligence.
- Coordinate with Ncell Management Team and Shareholders/BOD to find the opportunities and challenges for business growth and improvements.
- Develop short and long-term strategic plans for advancing Ncell to meet Telecom industry demands in the targeted geographic locations, in collaboration with the commercial, Technology, and Finance team.
- Acts as a key advisor to Chief Executive Officer on critical changes in the competitive landscape, global marketplace and external business environment
- Obtain Board of Director’s approval on Annual business plan and LRP jointly with CFO.
Provide overall supervision and facilitate execution of Long term strategy
- Collaboratively work with Executive Team members to ensure that the strategy is communicated and easily understood by colleagues throughout the organization.
- Translate strategies into an actionable plan and quantitative KPI for effective reviewing and monitoring purposes.
- Communicate and implement the company’s strategy internally and externally.
- Ensure departmental strategic plans are reflected in organizational strategic priorities in terms of projects and programs.
- Lead and engage to increase broad cohesion for strategic plans ensuring a collaborative approach towards attaining the same.
- Ensure that strategic deliverables are completed across all levels to achieve desired results.
- Overview of the Annual Business Plan review process guiding Management Team keeping in view short-term and long-term point perspectives.
Develop the mechanisms to measure & track the company’s key functional performance
- Design and set the KPI and Dashboard to measure the performance of the organization and senior management to drive the Short and Long term plan.
- Develop measurement practices/techniques in line with Business requirements to track both Financial and non-financial performance.
- Ensures appropriate metrics are in place to measure performance and progress towards strategic goals. Also, prepare a Periodic dashboard for senior management review.
- Analyze overall strategic targets of the company and determine performance indicators and reports to Senior Executive in the company.
Oversee Enterprise Program Management:
- Guide and assist project managers to manage key ongoing large cross-functional projects of the organization.
- Be responsible for further development & enhancement of Enterprise PMO roadmap, structure, roles & responsibilities.
- Manage the interface with key senior stakeholders (e.g., EC members), coordinate all EPMO requirements & requests from other divisions.
- Provide guidance in the implementation of the programs.
- Owning the vision and being its champion by providing clear leadership and direction throughout the life of the programs.
- Secure the resources required to set up and run the programs so that benefits can be realized
- Take personal accountability for the outcomes of all programs, also commissioning periodic quality reviews & chairing monthly progress review meetings.
- Review all reports and updates generated by EPMO before circulation to MC/SC/CCB Act as an escalation point and resolve critical issues need basis.
- Approve additional roles and responsibilities to impose better accountability that is required to manage any critical project such as – technical architect, business lead, etc.
Evaluate M&A Opportunity and plan/ oversee Post-merger integration [Need basis]
- Lead and drive possible merger and acquisition (M&A) activity, and divestments and divestiture.
- Evaluate market forecast and long-term trends, collect competitive intelligence, drive cross-functional business processes, and maintain business model innovation.
- Synchronize strategies with corporate center/Group plans in terms of M&A and get BOD/Investors alignment/ approval on the proposed plan.
- Plan Post-merger integration and synergy and manage the integration project and programs.
Analytics and Analytics-Driven Decision Making
- Create a mid to long-term analytics & BI/AI roadmap to support business growth clearly defining the measure of success.
- Build a culture that promotes data-driven decisions backed by investigation and collaboration around data, including identifying sources of relevant data outside the organization
- Engage business leaders to identify opportunities for data and analytics to impact key business-relevant matrices and get executive sponsorship for such initiatives
- Guide and lead the Ncell Analytics team to provide management visibility into data-driven insights that inform the business’s strategic direction and KPI’s
- Oversee and guide the team to build, maintain, and improve the existing business intelligence and analytics tools across the department and across the business.
- Develop and guide the Ncell analytics team to execute long term roadmap to “Transform from BI to AI-driven decision”.
Key strategy development for telecom business
- Lead the development and implementation of key strategic frameworks related to different telecom strategies like 4G investment, Spectrum Strategy, 5G Strategy, Business development etc.
- Engage with Group and other OpCo experts to learn and influence business strategies, constantly remain alert about opportunities and risks in the industry.
Your qualification and experience:
- BE Degree (preferably in Information and telecommunication) from a reputed institute.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in a leadership role and proven track record in Corporate Development & Strategy in Telecom Sector preferably in a multinational business environment.
- Must have experience of Merger and Acquisition including managing post-integration responsibilities in telecommunication-related industry.
- Must have experience of managing Advanced Analytics vertical in the telecommunication industry.
- Must understand telecommunication-related advanced commercial and financial concepts and must be able to translate the same into Business deliverables.
- Must have experience of overseeing various Projects and Programs related to the telecommunication industry
- Provides guidance on the longer-term position of the business and industry taking into account a holistic view of the environment and business
- Clarifies complex business challenges to create or adapt the business’s strategic plans
- Seeks opportunities for the company to continuously monetize or improve its bottom line sustainably
- Is adaptive to changing business needs and conditions by focusing on the critical areas of the function that can drive exceptional business performance
- Inculcates high customer orientation in work practices within the function or business unit
- Gets action and commitment of others by forging good relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Translates business strategy of the organization into clear goals to direct the time & effort of the functional/ business unit
- Creates effective integration of the various units in the function that fosters teamwork
What we offer:
International Working Environment, Performance Management Process, Internal Opportunities, Ncell Academy, Trainings, Work – Life Balance, Flexible Working Practices, Competitive Compensation, Festive Bonus, Provident Fund, Incentives, Leave Travel Allowance, Medical Insurance, Gratuity, Communication Facilities, etc.
Note: Priority will be given to Nepalese Citizens.
Source: Himalayan Times, 3 November, 2021