Website Global Fund for Children
Staff Accountant (Global)
Global Fund for Children partners to build a world where all youth are safe, strong, and valued. We pursue this mission by investing in innovative, locally led organizations, helping them deepen their impact and build their capacity for social change. To further advance and protect the rights of children and youth, GFC supports its partners to engage in grassroots advocacy initiatives to effect policy change from the local level. Since our founding nearly 25 years ago, GFC has invested nearly $40 million in over 600 grassroots organization around the world.
Check us out at www.globalfundforchildren.org.
The Staff Accountant/Accounting Associate is responsible for performing the day-to-day accounting functions and assisting with the operations of Global Fund for Children (GFC) Washington, DC office and the UK Trust, based in London. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that all disbursements and receivables are processed and reconciled in accordance with GFC’s policies and procedures in a timely manner. The role will be based in
Washington DC, but qualified candidates in any region or country are encouraged to apply, provided they are able to work effectively during core Eastern Standard Time business hours from a remote setting. This position will report to the Finance Controller located in the Washington, DC office.
- Process cash receipts including GiftAid claims (UK) and reconcile monthly donations with the Operations department across the US and UK offices.
- Review all invoices and expenses for appropriate documentation, approval, and consistency with GFC’s policies and procedures prior to payment.
- Process vendor payments and staff reimbursement in a timely and accurate manner and respond to colleague and vendor questions on the status of payments
- Manage all aspects of online banking including initiating payments on the 15th and last business day of each month across the US and UK offices.
- Assist Finance Controller and Accounting Associate with grant administration to GFC’s partners through the various grant stages including the revision of paperwork, disbursement of funds (when necessary), and updating status in Giving Data Grantmaking platform.
- Participate in month-end closing procedures, including bank reconciliations, sub ledger reconciliations and the preparation of balance sheet schedules related to employee advances and AP ledgers for GFC US and the UK Trust.
- Assist with preparation of the annual Form 1099, and audit processes
- Assist Finance Controller in coaching internal colleagues on using Concur, our expense management system, including offering feedback on proper coding and documentation of expenses
- Refine and manage all financial processes including management accounts, process for monthly expenditures, accounting processes, credit cards, direct debits, and petty cash across US and UK offices.
- Collaborate with the Finance Controller to develop, implement and maintain a financial policy manual and procedures; develop other policies and procedures as assigned for both GFC US and the UK Trust.
- Maintain records and monitor financial information to ensure compliance with US and UK GAAP standards and conformity with established organization’s policies.
- Adhere to the highest standards of confidentiality and integrity when dealing with sensitive data and systems.
- Perform other ad-hoc accounting, financial, and administrative tasks as assigned.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Non-profit accounting experience required.
- 3-5 years of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, and general accounting experience required.
- Experience in processing financial transactions, ensuring compliance with legal or contractual requirements, recordkeeping, and preparation of monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reporting.
- Proven experience entering high-volume data into a general ledger system.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using enterprise accounting system required; experience with Intacct
- Accounting Software and Concur Expense reporting, a plus.
- Ability to develop clear, concise, and accurate financial reports in MS Excel. PIVOT Tables, VLook-up and other advanced functions ideal.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work regular business hours per Washington DC time zone (Eastern Standard Time).
- Ability to work with a diverse environment and communicate effectively within a globally dispersed team.
- Fluency in English required, additional foreign language capabilities, a plus.
How to apply:
If this sounds like a fit, we want to hear from you.
Please send a cover letter which includes salary expectations and a resume or curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Staff Accountant” in the subject line and please be sure include your preferred work location in your application materials.
GFC offers a competitive salary, based on location, in addition to a generous benefits package for our employees. Candidates outside the US may be contracted with on a consultancy basis, which
does not include benefits.
Check us out at www.globalfundforchildren.org.
GFC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit globalfundforchildren.org.