Website Southasia Institute of Advanced Studies (SIAS)
Southasia Institute of Advanced Studies (SIAS), a Kathmandu-based research institute is looking for a highly motivated full-time Researcher to join a vibrant and interdisciplinary team of researchers with national and
international repute. Followings are the key job responsibilities:
- Undertake field data collection, carry-out analysis using NVivo software and prepare reports.
- Prepare case-stories, audio-visuals, and other outputs as necessary and lead dissemination.
- Draft technical reports and assist in developing peer reviewed papers and other scientific products as envisaged in the project proposal.
- Take meeting minutes, events proceedings and fieldnotes.
- Carry out data archiving, data management and communication.
- Support in organizing deliberative forums at national, provincial and local level.
- Assist in organizing events like policy dialogues, workshops, seminars series etc.
- Support in designing project communication and dissemination materials.
- Coordinate with project partners and facilitate in the project delivery.
- Develop concepts for scientific knowledge products and contribute in writing.
Duration and duty station
- It is a Kathmandu-based position with regular field visits to districts in Bagmati and Lumbini provinces. This position is initially for 2 years with possibility of extension.
The probation period will be of three months.
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree in social and applied science-related disciplines (Gender Studies, Development Studies, Agriculture Economics, Sociology and equivalent) with at least two years of experience in research.
- Prior experience of writing scientific outputs and publication in peer review journal
- Excellent writing, communication and dissemination skills
- Good command in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Prior knowledge on qualitative data analysis using qualitative tools like NVivo
- High level of motivation and commitment to high-quality research
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and proven track records
To apply Please e-mail your updated CV and a cover letter by outlining your (a) capacity, (b) reasons for applying for this job, and (c) expected salary by 22 June 2022 to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and maintain workforce diversity (For this particular position, female candidates are encouraged to apply). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for practical assessment and interview. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained and may lead to the disqualification of the candidate.