Website Hitachi Energy Limited
Location: Kathmandu, Generic, Nepal
Job type: Full-Time
Type of role: Entry Level (< 2 years of work experience)
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi Energy is seeking a Software Engineer for its Kathmandu, Nepal location. This role is responsible to develop, document and test the software to ensure that it meets the need of the clients. It also requires an individual to supervise and oversee the technical aspect of the projects to ensure the optimal software performance.
- Develop solutions to improvise performance and scalability of systems.
- Involve in the designing, coding, and debugging of the software
- Upgrade and maintain the existing software
- Support, maintain and document software functionality.
- Provide first level of support for any application related issues raised by team members
- Mentor & monitor juniors to improve team efficiency.
- Follow best programming practice and assist team members to know about a knowledgebase of pattern and practices of programming used in FARRMS applications.
- Proactively provide and implement new ideas in the application for better user experience.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks for its timely delivery including (but not limited to) planning, estimation, development approach, assignment, reporting etc.
- Involve in performance evaluation of team members
- 3 years of related experience with minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Should be familiar with web services (SOAP, REST), API testing tools (SOAPUI, Postman, Fiddler) and code versioning systems (SVN, Git).
- Preference will be given to those who have worked on large database and are familiar with database optimization.
- Solving problems skills and providing workable solutions
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualize processes and outcomes
- Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large codebase
- Outstanding all-round communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
More about us
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible and secure whilst balancing social, environmental and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, we employ around 38,000 people in 90 countries and generate business volumes of approximately $10 billion USD. www.hitachienergy.com
To apply for this job please visit www.hitachienergy.com.